About the job
The Recruiting Engine User Experience team is reinventing how millions join Amazon and thrive in their work lives. We create HR products and experiences for employees and candidates from the moment they start thinking about Amazon as a place to work. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us–including you!
A day in the life
As a Sr UX Researcher within Recruiting Engine UX, you will be responsible for driving and executing research strategy directly and by influencing others. You will work closely with the UX designers, product managers, engineers, and BI analysts to understand the needs of candidates, employees, managers, and HR team members across all of Amazon’s business, worldwide.
About The Hiring Group
You’ll join a fun, growing, international team of user experience experts taking a fresh-eyed look at the current and future world of work.
You will craft and conduct ethnographic and usability UX research studies and you will dive deep into the data to bring forward new insights that drive product innovation. To build a research-led organization, you will also empower the broader UX and product teams with guidance and tools for self-service research to contribute to your research strategy.
You will advocate for our customers and evangelize your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members. Your most important mission is to ensure that we’re doing what’s right for Amazon employees and prospective employees.
If you love getting to the “aha” moment, when the solution to a customer problem reveals itself in the research—then let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute a wide variety of research activities with candidates and Amazon employees, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Generate insights from business analytics and user feedback
- Develop ideas on new or more efficient ways to answer questions that we have about users
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to solve problems with data and evidence
- Oversee research projects conducted by outside vendors
- Build resources and train UX designers to enable them to execute their own research projects
- Work across all of Amazon to drive better research practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 6+ years professional experience in related field
- Broad knowledge of research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result
- Demonstrated ability to use research to influence strategic direction
- Experience with continuous delivery and an understanding of how to impact design and product decisions in a fast-moving and fast-changing development environment
- A deep understanding of UX research, agile UX, and user-centered design
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: white papers, case studies, study design documents, reports)
- The ability to understand, analyze, and interpret complex data
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Experience in multimodal systems design research
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1478654