About the job
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher with an insatiable curiosity to rethink how people interact with Carvana's digital products. You will support key product initiatives, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Design, Marketing, and Engineering. You will help provide the ‘why’ behind important experiential decisions. Along with helping to define future products, you will work to improve existing experiences. This role will be the cornerstone of establishing User Research as a best practice within Carvana.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partnering with design, product management, analytics and engineering to influence product decision making.
- Building quarterly research roadmaps that support key product initiatives
- Initiating and conducting generative and evaluative research to provide education for design and product stakeholders
- Partnering with Product Analytics to merge qualitative and quantitative research
- Teaching members of the design and product teams best practices in user research
- Sharing findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Periodically benchmarking key experiences and providing health reports
- Providing strong recommendations to cross functional product and design teams
- Performing other duties as assigned
What You Should Know/have
- 4-8 years of experience working as a User Researcher
- An understanding of how long it will take to complete tasks and accurately budget time.
- Ability to present your findings and sell your solutions to team members
- Ability to own and follow through with large projects
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong business acumen, focused on KPIs
- Scrappiness: we move at a fast pace—supporting several projects at a time will be necessary
- Experience with Figma a plus
- Proven abilities with qualitative user research such as user interviews, moderated user testing and diary studies
- A passion for modern research methodologies
- An understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work…oooh, that was deep. We’re philosophizers at heart.
What We’ll Offer In Return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.