The Senior UX Researcher will define and drive the understanding of the iHerb Customer. This role will partner with our CX, Product Management, UX Design and Localization teams to understand our global customers and strategize ways to improve their experiences by helping these teams validate ideas, understand the "why" behind quantitative and qualitative data uncovered by our analytics and CX teams, and discovering new opportunities to improve the user journey.
- Translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research and analyze findings
- Initiate and conduct generative, iterative and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs and the end to end user journey
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through fast-changing environments and create research roadmap
- Partner with CX, Product Management, UX Design and Localization teams to provide feedback and identify gaps to influence our product design and innovation
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the customers who could use our products
- Lead and deliver research to cross-functional teams to encourage empathy with and understanding of the customer goals for different segments and country groups
- Identify and discover clear opportunities iHerb can address to improve the experience to optimize the customer journey
- Provide insights and ideas to shape how product teams and the business thinks about medium and long-term product strategy
- Pave the way into a more user-centered and data driven environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well versed in e-commerce/web driven companies and understands how to meet customer expectations
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions
- Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to make their websites more user friendly
- Strong interest in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends
- Able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely and create documentation with rich detail
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing best practices in partnership with product teams
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex dataset
- Knowledge of User Centered Design principles and best practices
- Expertise in qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methodologies across all phases and platforms (Desktop, Mobile Web and Apps) of the product life-cycle
- Excellent knowledge of primary research methods (surveys, experiments, interviews) as well as secondary and expert methods (such as literature reviews, cognitive walkthroughs)
- Experience leading projects that have significant customer and business impacts
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX Research or VOC software tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Experience RequirementsEmpower Our PeopleBe Entrepreneurial & Pivot QuicklyEmbrace Diversity & InclusionStrive for Simplicity
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) years of UX research delivery in a professional setting. Experience with designing, leading, and implementing UX research projects preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree required in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX or equivalent practical experience.
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
Medical Care Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefitsDental and Vision benefitsSafe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)Company-paid Term Life InsuranceShort and Long Term DisabilityFlexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)Pet InsuranceVoluntary Supplemental BenefitsEducation Reimbursement ProgramsProfessional Development and Job TrainingWellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per yearWe strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.