Our client is looking for a Senior UX Researcher who will be responsible for driving deeper understanding of their audiences’ underlying emotional and functional needs — then helping execute on those discoveries to create satisfying and compelling experiences. This role will work alongside product managers, product designers, content strategists, and front-end engineers. The ideal candidate has advanced research methods, design processes, and experience building brands from the ground up. Design and technical literacy are key as you will be responsible for communicating research findings to help project teams recognize opportunities to move the product forward.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, product designers, and content strategists.
- Advanced research and testing strategies to help assess and improve the user experience to support design sprints.
- Plan and conduct consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle; from discovery, prototype validations, all the way to usability tests on the final product.
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
- Create surveys and administer to our audiences to collect meaningful feedback.
- Conduct moderated and unmoderated user interviews to obtain feedback.
- Present learnings and design recommendations from research methods in a digestible manner to internal and external teams.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesis data to provide meaningful insights to our product development team.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the field or related field.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements and digital accessibility requirements.
- Experience using digital design tools for wireframing, prototyping, and virtual collaboration such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, Miro, Axure, Lucid, etc.
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner on large end-to-end projects, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation, to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations.
- Experience with advanced research strategies across multiple teams.
- A series of research methods in your toolbox and are ready to execute at any given time (ex. ethnographic field studies, concept testing, A/B testing, usability testing, diary studies, customer feedback, card sorting, tree tests, focus groups, interviews, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, etc.)
- Advanced experience with tools to support data collection such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, UserTesting.com, etc.