As a member of the product design team at Arc XP, you will shape the future of our business and consumer facing products by leading our user research practice – including user interviews, quantitative research, and traditional design research like card sorting and usability testing. You will inspire teams to push their current boundaries of what is possible by leading cross-product research initiatives and delivering well-informed and actionable personas, journey maps, and research reports. In this role, you’ll build empathy and understanding of what our users need, while closely collaborating with designers, engineers, product management, and the account team to help define the future of Arc XP. This is a very hands-on role, and includes managing participant recruitment, data collection (including moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations.
In this role you will:
- Foster and grow UX research practices, as well as a data-driven product design culture
- Identify opportunities to elevate and streamline our research process across products
- Propose, plan, execute, and deliver user research at various stages of the product development lifecycle
- Manage the design, administration, and execution for research studies across a suite of products for both single product and cross-product initiatives
- Partner with product team members on research execution, design workshops, and research synthesis
- Develop strong relationships with our account management team to help with identifying and recruiting the best client participants for our user research studies
- Create and share out deliverables in the form of engaging reports, journey maps, personas, etc.
- Present research findings to the organization to create a smarter, more informed, and more empathetic team
- Contribute to the team as a thought leader – identifying opportunities for process improvements, providing design feedback, and sharing insights and industry news
- Bring positive energy to the team and help attract top talent to the organization
- 5+ years of relevant qualitative and quantitative research, and/or consumer insights, experience
- Extensive experience planning and executing different types of research and usability testing activities
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative with an ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- BS/BA in HCI, Human Factors, Market Research, or related field; advanced degree a plus
- Advanced knowledge of relevant research and design tools such as Optimal Workshop, Maze, Figma, etc.
- Interest in design ops, copywriting, UX design, design systems, or facilitating workshops a bonus