We’re looking for a senior design researcher for our London labs, as soon as possible. We’re an unusual agency, and looking for UX/EX experts who don’t necessarily fit a standard mold. Sure, we need someone with strong research skills and a good work ethic, but maybe you achieved that skillset in a different sort of setting. Maybe instead of academic qualifications you’ve learned from experience. We need people who see the world from all sorts of angles.
If you’d like to join a diverse set of design researchers who love variety, take care of each other and our clients, then please look over the description below, and see if it’s a good match. Check out our website and read our blog, see if we feel like kindred spirits. We’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior Design Researcher, you’ll use UX research techniques to uncover human needs and behaviors, to inform the development of smart, inspired, human-centered solutions. You will need to be able to see the big picture, working with stakeholders to understand the broader business strategy that informs the solution. You are expected to have a firm grasp of how content, brand, and design work together to create an optimal user experience. And you need to be up to date with the latest research methods and have experience applying them. You thrive amid different perspectives and collaborate fluidly with cross-functional teams.
- Support a wide range of user experience projects for clients, conducting user research, field studies, usability testing, and other activities
- Create high-quality research deliverables, including insights reports, journey maps, service blueprints, process flows, storyboards, video highlights (with support from our in-house visual designers)
- Attend client meetings and co-creation workshops to capture business requirements and explore customer experience challenges
- Help respond to bid requests, scope projects, and help win new work
- Broad experience of UX methods and, ideally also of EX projects
- 3+ years of research experience within the User Experience and/or Design in a commercial environment; of if you don’t fit that mould, a strong point of view on how your experience would contribute
- Examples of how you would apply research methodologies to different challenges, and ways in which you would deliver these outputs to our clients
- Strong understanding and demonstration of human-centered design principles
- Strong verbal, written, and organisational skills
- Ability to embrace the unknown and inspire new ways of thinking
- We are a design agency, so experience of design is a plus as well.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or a related field is useful, with a Masters preferred; however exceptional candidates may instead have experience that serves as an equivalent
- Eligibility to work in the UK permanently without sponsorship
- Availability for global and domestic travel, although typically the vast majority of work is around London
- Role is based out of our London studios, with remote work as circumstances allow.