What's Cool About This Job
REI is a different kind of company. As a co-op, we put purpose before profits and act in the long-term interests of our members. We believe time outside is fundamental to a life well-lived, and as a member of the UX team, you'll contribute to REI's mission to connect every person to the power of the outdoors and engage them in the fight to protect it. Our designers strive to deliver customer-centric experiences that are inspiring, inclusive, human, purposeful, and trustworthy.
The CX Strategy team is looking for Senior UX Researcher to come join our team. In this role, you will participate a range of experience design and research activities across the co-op, resulting in customer experiences that customers highly value (as evident through outcomes) and that drive business results.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience supporting enterprise end-to-end story mapping work, tackling ambiguous spaces, and influencing cross-divisional teams through customer research and experience development and assessment. You possess an exceptional ability to collaborate and facilitate across teams, and support the definition of customer outcomes through mixed method research approaches. You'll help educate and advocate for the practice of human-centered design, customer journey mapping, service design, and customer-centered ways of working. Candidates must be proactive, responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a transformative and collaborative culture through cross-divisional teams.
- Participate in influencing customer experience strategy through human-centered research methods that help clarify, define, and prioritize customer goals and outcomes within vital customer journeys
- Participate in creating an evidence-driven design and experimentation culture by demonstrating mixed-method research competence, problem framing, opportunity mapping, journey mapping, measurement, and service design
- Synthesize customer insights and data to help identify new opportunities for inspiration, service, expertise, and community differentiation within our customer experiences.
- Collaborate with other members of the CX strategy team and x-divisional teams to understand and communicate in-depth knowledge of the customer experience, opportunity, business, and operations environment
- Advocate for human-centered design within crucial customer journeys to test business assumptions, reduce risk and drive evidence-informed decision-making across the organization
- Help elevate human-centered design and research across the team and the co-op by educating and inspiring others through action, collaboration, and sharing of methods, processes and best practices
Bring your passion and expertise
- 6+ years experience in user experience research, service design, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience managing customer research to unlock new UX ideas, stimulate innovation, and influence strategy
- Demonstrated experience working across products and organizations to create unified and aligned customer experiences
- Proficiently drives product team knowledge of target customers, their needs, and behaviors with a wide variety of methods and techniques
- Proficiently drives sessions with cross-functional teams to identify gaps and gain alignment and buy-in on problem and solution approaches
- Previous experience supporting omnichannel experience orchestration between brick and mortar and digital
- Experience in a transformative and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes