Are you an innovative and collaborative researcher who has a passion for uncovering insights and evaluating experiences to inform superior products and services? Are you seeking an opportunity to create innovative, intuitive and useful software products that helps make the world a better place?
Blackbaud is seeking a user experience researcher to join our team in developing world class solutions that help non-profits, schools, and other organizations fulfill their missions and advance the social good movement.
Working at Blackbaud, you’ll be an integral member of the User Experience team and work closely with Designers, Product Managers, Development teams, Service teams, and other stakeholders within the company.
- Partner closely with product teams bringing new capabilities and solutions to market in one or more markets we serve (e.g., non-profits, education, faith organizations, foundations).
- Be the primary contact for product teams’ research for deeper understanding of users and their contexts, coordination of research operations, and evaluative research that can identify experience improvements.
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders on product development teams to scope, plan, and execute user research studies using a variety of methods.
- Work to ensure that your user understanding, evaluative experience research, and ongoing experience measurement impacts and influences the creation of valuable and usable products and solutions.
- Collaborate with other user researchers on larger strategic research to inform product strategy and internal projects that mature our foundation of user research practices and operations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of user research methods (both qualitative and quantitative) and when to apply them for both generative and evaluative situations.
- Experience with user testing, field research, survey design, online user research and experimentation tools, and usage data analysis.
- A proven record of generating insights and recommendations based on research that influence decision-making.
- Able to interface effectively with Product Managers, Designers, and Developers throughout research process.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
- Comfortable with fast-paced work environment and responsibilities for multiple projects at any given time.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
We’re looking for a researcher that values some of the same things we do in UX research – upholding high quality and rigor while getting things done, ensuring research is a team sport, striving for diversity and inclusion in your practice, minimizing risks, bringing curiosity and an open mind to your work, and growing your skillset through practice and feedback. If that’s you, come join us.
- 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, and visual presentations).
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or a related field preferred.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.