Punchcut is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to remotely join our team on a 60-90 day contract. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and collaboratively. You have at least 5-7 years of relevant UX research experience using a mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative) approach and have familiarity with a toolbox of research methodologies/techniques to uncover behaviors, trends, patterns, and insights. You also know how to lead creative teams on fast-paced research projects.
- Serve as Senior UX Researcher on client projects and help with guiding the work of researchers on your team.
- Oversee research activities which may include: contextual/remote interviews, diary studies, surveys, concept/usability testing sessions (physical and/or digital prototypes), deep data analysis, etc.
- Apply user-centered design process to solve problems in contexts that have little precedence.
- Lead brainstorm and research meetings internally and with clients.
- Generate actionable insights from research efforts and present opportunities for strategy, concepting, product design, and development both internally and externally.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in user research and interaction design, with the last 2-3 years in a senior role.
- Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative research using a various and appropriate user-centered design methods.
- A stellar portfolio that shows a range of research projects.
- Superior communication and client management skills.
- Experience directing and/or mentoring UX researchers and interns.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, and manage time efficiently while multi-tasking.
- Interest in designing future products, services, and experiences.
- Ambitious, proactive, empathetic and honest.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Interaction or Visual design
- Data Science
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For seventeen years, we've worked with the world's top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future.
Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.