At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We've adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
Nearpod is looking for their first Senior UX Researcher to join our growing UX/UI team and help take our teaching tools to the next level. You should be a passionate advocate for our users, and interested in digging into our user needs and experiences. We are looking for someone self-motivated and skilled in research technique who is able to use their knowledge to be creative in their approaches and methods. You should be well versed in study setup, recruiting, script writing, facilitation methods, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and synthesizing results for actionable insights. This is a fast paced, creative team looking for someone who can excel at independent direction and time management while being a collaborative and open communicator.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Design and lead research studies that help us better understand our users and the effectiveness of our product for our users based user and company goals.
- Work directly with Designers and Product Managers to identify research goals, target & recruit participants, and identify upfront assumptions for validation.
- Continually deliver on insights throughout different stages of the product development process.
- Determine appropriate methodologies for projects based on goals and available time for feedback.
- Easily flow between lean quick evaluations, and deeper robust studies.
- Set up, facilitate, and report on research findings while keeping designers and PMs as close partners along the way.
- Manage timelines, and investment of research projects to ensure focus in the most valuable areas.
- Create clear actionable insights presentations that effectively communicate the findings in a way that creates empathy and understanding with our users.
- Leverage basic statistics to provide unambiguous results and convey confidence around broader applications/inferences.
- Facilitate workshops, or collaborative exercises as appropriate to help communicate and gather insights.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years experience in product research or similar
- Knowledgeable in facilitation techniques, script writing, and user biases
- Experience with both in-person and remote methods of research
- Solid understanding and experience with a number of different qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Good understanding of research statistics and data analysis
- Experience with a broad range of research facilitation software
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with product design teams from project inception to handoff
- Experience collaborating effectively with leaders and contributors while communicate ideas clearly
- Solid understanding of human factors, cognitive, behavioral science or related
- Certification or a degree in anthropology, human factors, or related is a plus
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.