At HappyCo (happy.co), we’re building simple solutions that deliver real happiness to real people, while reimagining property management. To enable this, we’re looking for an experienced Senior UX Researcher with demonstrated ability supporting product and design teams with insightful and impactful research. As a part of our Design team, you will help us gain a deeper understanding into the challenges and motivations of our customers and the broader multifamily real estate industry.
Being our first dedicated UX research hire, you’ll quickly position yourself as an integral part of our product and design organization. You’ll feel comfortable stepping up and establishing research operations, ongoing initiatives and foundational frameworks, and have the ability to craft and execute deep research projects that affect multiple product teams. Your research will contribute to the design of HappyCo products ensuring they are powerful, intuitive to use and exceed the expectations of our customers and users.
During your first 1-2 weeks, you will
- Get to know our leadership, culture, and values
- Complete our HappyCo orientation and onboarding program
- Onboard with the product design team, and our product management organization
- Familiarize yourself with our tools (pssst: we use Dovetail to analyze and store insights)
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Attend your first Company Wide Meeting and Product Update Meetings (rotating bi-weekly)
During your first 6-8 weeks, you will
- Work with at least one product team to deliver on a customer outcome
- Get acquainted with the current state of our research operations
- Acquire industry knowledge and understand our product vision
- Work with your Manager to set goals and priorities
During your first 6-12 months, you will
- Undertake generative product discovery to identify and validate key workflows critical to the success of our customers
- Actively work with product team triads to improve their evaluative research methods to ensure that we’re delivering the right value to our users and customers
- Work with other departments such as Customer Success, Sales or Product Management to identify and segment users and customers for research recruitment and establish a continuous research panel
- Contribute effectively to the development of a UX research culture through leadership, mentorship, knowledge sharing and raise the bar for quality, efficiency and scalability
What you could expect day-to-day
- Collaborate with product triads and stakeholders to deliver on agreed research outcomes
- Meet with customers and users to undertake generative and evaluative studies to inform product decisions
- Connect with design team members by participating in knowledge sharing, critiques or working sessions to level up process, craft and execution to maintain a holistic product experience across all HappyCo products
- Deliver presentations that showcase relevant research findings and insights to the wider company and key stakeholders to maximize impact and transparency
- Provide guidance to product designers to enable them to conduct best practice usability testing, ultimately freeing up your time to tackle larger generative research projects
- Maintain our user archetypes and research repository ensuring it’s an up-to-date, rich and valuable resource for all product teams
- Roll up your sleeves and get into research ops to ensure our methods, processes and systems are the best they can be
What we think you should have to be successful
- 5+ years of UX research experience for software products
- Motivated by people-centric design processes and a desire to create happiness through organization, creativity, and empathy resulting in delightful experiences
- Expert in generative and evaluative research employing qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing to maximize the impact and exposure of your work
- A results-driven case study portfolio comprised of compelling research that contributes to solving real world problems
- The flexibility to meet remotely with colleagues and customers in different time zones, and occasionally travel to meet them in person
- Experience working within a tech-based design role or digital-focused agency and the ability to work closely with software development teams, especially product designers and product managers
- Though not required, it could prove useful to have a degree in a relevant discipline
Keys to optimum happiness at HappyCo
- Pushing forward in ambiguity while striving for clarity
- Prioritizing for sustained impact vs helping in the moment
- Empowering teams instead of enforcing standards
- Leveraging technology to serve humanity in a way that is accessible to all
- Be a proactive contributor to design and research team culture, with a strong growth mindset
- Experience and understanding of early-stage startups and the challenges they face
- Experience within the multifamily residential property industry
- Previous research experience in an Enterprise B2B SaaS context where you've tackled complex workflows and systems
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities!
When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here: https://happyinspector-1.wistia.com/medias/1va4woy4m3!
Our Culture & Benefits
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Overview/Working-at-HappyCo-EI_IE1533158.11,18.htm) page and our careers page (https://happy.co/company/careers)!
HappyCo’s culture is driven by our core values of Make Happiness, Stronger Together, Get Good Shit Done, Look Outward First and Kaizen - sounds great, right, but what does this mean for you?
Find out more about our benefits here: https://happy.co/company/careers/employee-benefits-usa
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to recruitment agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.