Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
The Research team is seated within Dave’ Design team and works across a variety of brand and product initiatives to more effectively and efficiently deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable other Daves (engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to core consumer problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across Dave and define how we put users first when conducting research.
As a Senior User Researcher, you will be dedicated to a strategic pillar and will collaborate directly with pillar leads and product, engineering, and design teams. While qualitative skill sets are a priority for this role, thinking broadly and being able to leverage mixed methods will be crucial to success.
What You'll Do:
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to pillar leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights
- Partner closely with other researchers to build out Dave’s research practice and infrastructure.
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance Dave’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
What You'll Have:
- Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies. You might be a mixed-methods researcher, however your strength is in qualitative research
- Have 6+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact; with a plus if your work includes exploration of trust and trust measurement
- Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps
- Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery
- Tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large scale research programs
- Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights
- Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation
Benefits & Perks
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
- Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
- Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
- Company laptop and home office stipend
- Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.