Location (Remote): Bulgaria, France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas. This means we value transparency and asynchronous communication, but also understand that meeting in person is important.
The Products Team at Docker is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join the developer experience group. In this role, you would help developers and development teams build, share, and run applications in a fast-moving landscape. As a member of the UX Research team at Docker, you will shape and grow the research program. You will partner with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and our community to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for us to explore. As the team grows, you will help to foster teams eager to continuously build, measure, and learn. You will be a part of a growing and exciting UX Research program.
- Lead major initiatives by conducting generative and evaluative research.
- Plan and conduct exploratory and evaluative user research.
- Determine appropriate research methods, define and conduct qualitative and quantitative user experience research across multiple projects. Provide both tactical and strategic insights based on this research.
- Communicate insights and recommendations in a consumable, engaging way using artifacts such as reports, journey maps, personas, and other formats as appropriate that guide our team towards a delightful developer experience. Organize, tag, and add insights to a research repository to ensure those findings are available to the entire organization.
- Work across our product teams and partner to help drive the designs and product with Product Management, Engineering, Design, and other cross-functional team members.
- Manage multiple projects, including logistics of scoping and recruiting.
- Advocate for user needs throughout the product development process
- Educate broader team on research best practices and evangelize research methods and results throughout the organization
- Contribute to building best practices, processes, training, documentation, and standards to help evolve the research discipline
- Previous exposure to behavioral research methods either in an academic setting or in industry is a must, as is the ability to translate data and observations into a compelling story that includes recommendations for design.
- Master’s/Doctoral degree in behavioral research preferred as well as experience as a user experience researcher, human factors practitioner, industrial engineer, cognitive engineer, information architect, or similar.
- Experience creating repeatable, scalable research methods
- Experience with mixed-method research and integrating the insights to our developer experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present research concepts and insights clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and experience with visual communication and data visualization preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment while also keeping an eye on future needs.
- Experience building complex products in both B2B, B2C, or B2B2C is preferred.
- Engineering background or previous experience with developer tools is a plus.
- 6-10 years of experience required.
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- An introduction to Docker technologies and history
- Introductions to your teams
- Review and getting up to speed on the work you will be supporting
- Review of previous research
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Learn Docker tools and processes
- Develop surveys and begin to conduct research activities as well as presenting findings to your teams in an impactful way
- What to expect in the first year:
- Develop an iterative research program
- Be involved in the product roadmap development for your teams
- Participate actively in the development of research tools, processes and training materials for the larger organization
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Whaleness Days: companywide day off each month
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.EU Salary Range55,000 EUR - 98,000 EUR (salary range can change if hired in at a different level)