Ocado Technology is putting the world's retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global 'Ocado Smart Platform'. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business. We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture
About the role:
Engineering Productivity (EngProd) is built to serve our internal teams within Ocado Technology. Our vision is that these Development teams intuitively, and symbiotically, utilise our tools so they are as empowered, and informed, as possible in the creation and delivery of world-beating solutions.
The AWS Cloud area is powering every AWS account in the company, with direct contact to users (other engineers in the company). Our engineering teams enjoy unprecedented autonomy, responsibility for a critical mission, and a user centred approach. Automation and Client Satisfaction are our main objectives for upcoming quarters. The role of the UX researcher within the EngProd team is to support a continuous consolidated feedback loop which enables EngProd to build more valuable tools, better prioritise work, and find new opportunities faster. Our UX researchers enable our users to be heard and actively participate in our platform development. In the position you will:
- Feel comfortable working alongside product & engineers as well as contributing to and collaborating with other UXers from the stream
- Comfortable with processing and visualising data to help create insight, solve problems and inform recommendations.
- Provides plan, manages, tracks and delivers on commitments
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a good emphasis on careful listening and a willingness to proactively work with people across the company including remotely
- Doesn't settle for good enough, strives for greatness in every aspect of their work
- Advocates research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and remote/in-person presentations
- Is excited to discover and implement ways to creatively apply UX principles in a challenging technical area
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial experience
- One or more case studies from your previous work
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with most of the well known UXR methods
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills
It would be great if you had (but not essential)
- Experience in a related industry.
- Intellectual rigour and ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Familiarity to working in cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with managing UXR participants, governance, knowledge, tools, competency and advocacy.
- Experience in capturing business needs and user requirements to support product realisation.
What do I get in return:
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme(various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection(can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance(3 x annual salary)