This is a truly exciting time to join Flo. We’re just beginning our journey to become a world-class design team, and there’s lots to get stuck into! With new design leadership in place, we’re building the foundations for our future, including:
- establishing better ways of working within our product teams
- setting the standards for content, design and research at Flo
- improving user experience with more accessible and actionable insights
We’re looking for people keen to take on the challenge of building the future in the context of a hyper-growth start-up.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced researcher who can work independently on focused projects – both on tactical research and larger foundational initiatives.
- You’re an advocate who influences others on the power of research, and uses a problem-solving approach to help teams identify their research needs.
- You present research findings in a clear, compelling way, to help inform design decisions.
What you’ll be doing
At Flo, each day is different, but you can expect to:
- Help product managers define their product vision, initiatives and roadmap
- Help product teams define their research objectives, create research plans, and implement ethical, inclusive research
- Identify opportunities for discovery work or foundational research projects
- Define recruitment criteria and recruit research participants
- Carry out tactical research (eg usability testing) and strategic research (eg diary studies) in a safe, controlled environment
- Share research findings in an unbiased, yet compelling, way
- Recommend templates or tools to help standardise and accelerate our research delivery and reporting
- Advocate for research beyond the team, driving engagement and understanding of different research methods
- Get involved with research team initiatives, such as document repository work
What we’re looking for
You’ll impress us with your:
- Flexible approach to research in fast-paced product environments
- Communication skills – with the ability to influence others and advocate for research at all levels
- Ability to adapt, as you may be working across multiple product teams
You’ll have several years experience in research – preferably in a fast-paced, commercial mobile app environment. Experience of working with distributed teams is also great, but not essential.
Why work at Flo?
- You'll help improve the lives of millions of users worldwide, empowering them to take control of their health
- You’ll enjoy a fast-paced but fun-filled environment
- You'll be surrounded by a talented team who'll help you learn and grow