At UW Credit Union, we are committed to delivering a world-class digital member experience. Our Internet Services development team is hiring for a User Experience Researcher! We are a passionate team of UX and software development professionals who deliver a diverse portfolio of technical solutions, including high-performance web applications and mobile apps, that enable members to easily manage their financial lives.
The UX Researcher is an experienced researcher who cares deeply about understanding user needs, behaviors and driving motivations in order to inform the design of exceptional digital products. The ideal person for this role has likely progressed from an UX designer to research with a proven track record of using research to get to the root of a problem and distilling research findings into actionable insights and amazing user experiences. This person has avid curiosity and empathy for people and enjoys discovering new ways to solve business and user problems with research and design.
The UX Researcher serves as a user research lead, supporting the design of UW Credit Union’s digital experiences, informing product roadmaps, and advising other members of the product team in conducting their own research. The UX Researcher prepares and presents actionable insights diagrams, flows, and low-fidelity design concepts to communicate user needs and expectations to product teams and internal stakeholders. This position collaborates with Marketing to understand and inform UW Credit Union's collection of member insights as they relate to the digital channel.
If this is a team and environment you would thrive in, we want to talk to you!
- Serve as a lead UX researcher to design and conduct generative user research, such as interviews, surveys, ethnography studies, and literature review to uncover user needs and understand user behaviors to inform product feature design and product roadmaps.
- Serve as a lead UX researcher to design and conduct evaluative user research, such as usability tests and member surveys, to evaluate the effectiveness of existing or proposed digital experiences.
- Prepare and present actionable research findings, flow diagrams and low-fidelity UX design concepts to product teams and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively seeking new knowledge about the people that use our products and grow the product team’s ability to integrate insights into the product optimization cycle.
- Establish and maintain guidelines for UX research best practices, including research templates and screeners.
- Demonstrate dedication to user centered UX research processes to support the creation of high-quality digital member experiences.
- Participate in an iterative and agile product development process by performing timely research, sharing insights, and producing low-fidelity UX visuals to demonstrate the application of research and insights as needed throughout the design cycle.
- Find and implement methods that improve the effectiveness of UX research deliverables and processes when needed.
- Partner with Marketing to understand and inform UW Credit Union's member insights, such as member personas and user journey maps, as they relate to the digital channel.
- Partner with product teams, the UX Manager, Director of Digital Experience, and internal stakeholders to draft research plans and define research goals to inform product designs and support business goals.
- Serve as a resource to other team members regarding UX research best practices and UW Credit Union’s UX research processes and methodologies.
- Communicate the voice of the user to product teams and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of new tools, processes, and technologies for UX research, and advise Internet Services Leadership on their adoption.
- Proactively find and recommend areas of focus for UX research efforts and champion their inclusion in product roadmaps.
- 4+ years’ experience in user experience research or relevant user experience design.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, information science, UX design, computer science, related field or equivalent in years of experience required.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research, analysis, and problem solving to support the design of digital experiences.
- In-depth knowledge of user experience research tools.
- UX wireframing, prototyping and design spec documentation
- Talent and passion for technology, automation, and process improvement.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
This is a hybrid position.
Why work for UW Credit Union?
Join one of Wisconsin’s premier financial institutions, a National Top Workplace and multi-year recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Wisconsin State Journal’s Top Workplaces, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplaces to receive:
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 21.5 days annual time off
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- Variable bonus reward
- 3 health plan options, including domestic partner eligibility
- Free bus pass and B-Cycle membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more
UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans, Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a commitment to cultural competence.