Bark is the UK’s largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a startup with a small team of just over 100 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.
About the role
Our Customer Experience team is designing for the global diversity of human needs, requiring us to deeply understand the behaviours of the people behind them. Partnering closely with designers, product managers, and business partners, our UX team conducts exploratory, formative, and evaluative research studies that enable teams to make informed and confident decisions.
In this role you’ll be expected to plan, lead and socialise high profile research projects to drive strategy. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You may also be asked to perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. We are looking for a natural leader and an advocate for our partners. As well as being an excellent communicator, excited to work closely with stakeholders, and motivated on influencing the future of Bark.
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan studies for both generative and evaluative purposes.
- Plan and lead research projects end-to-end and facilitate the experience for our team.
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods.
- Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers, and business partners to leverage (personas, frameworks, use cases, design principles, scenarios, etc.)
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways, tailoring findings to suit the audience.
- Drive leadership buy in and support by regularly meeting, presenting findings and insights, connecting to business outcomes and quantifying business value.
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelise insights throughout the company.
- Create artifacts, educational tools, experiences and processes that help build and evangelise the UX Research within the larger organisation.
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in user research, service design and/or UX design (or related fields) related to software and digital experiences; during which time the candidate had demonstrated experience independently planning, recruiting for, conducting, and synthesising user research sessions and/or service design efforts.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as: concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- A proven track record of successful partnerships with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners.
- An online portfolio of work, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centred design solutions and patterns, across both web and mobile experiences.
What's exciting about this opportunity
- User experience is a strategic priority and the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition and partner outcomes.
- You'll own research not just for the current vertical’s products that you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences could help people achieve as well.
- You'll be establishing many of the practices and processes to make this team successful.
Some of our benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Hybrid working environment with offices in central Paddington
- Private full coverage health & dental insurance
- Enhanced parental scheme
- Individual learning and development budget up to £1,000 per year
- Wellness and mental health initiatives
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!