UCAS is at the heart of connecting people to higher education.UCAS is the world’s leading shared admissions service for higher education. We provide application services for UK universities and colleges as well as delivering a wide range of research, consultancy and advisory services to schools, colleges, careers services, professional bodies and employers.We’re a successful and fast-growing organisation, which helps hundreds of thousands of people every year. We're committed to delivering a first-class service to all of our customers — they're at the heart of everything we do.
Business Unit Description
The Customer Insight and Product business unit is at the heart of ensuring that UCAS delivers lasting change in line with the corporate strategy. By leveraging customer and market insight and championing the Voice of the Customer, we create and grow products and services that meet the needs of our markets now and in the future. Working closely with the wider organisation, we also design and manage UCAS’ architecture to support our ambitious business goals.
About The Role Contractual Hours
35.00 - flexible working
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior UX researcher with proven experience of working with complex products, across a vast ecosystem with multiple customer groups. You will be leading product development from a UX perspective, setting the UX vision based on discovery research, user needs, customer insights and feedback. You will need to be confident at presenting user research and promoting UX principals and championing the voice of the customer.You will challenge design solutions and product objectives to ensure we’re meeting and exceeding our project objectives, including driving revenue streams, increasing customer registrations, and delivering products that customers want to use.
- Manage research activities and define UX goals and requirements; working with product manages to define product objectives.
- Accountable for maintaining our personas and working with data and insights teams to build evidence based and data-driven personas.
- Develop and own the UX research strategy, developing channels for communication and establishing an active voice of the customer that is embedded in our digital strategy and product roadmaps.
- Facilitate workshops involving customer experience representatives, customer insight and data teams to
establish working groups focused on improving customer journeys and personas.For more information, please refer to the role profile attached.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- Understanding of agile approaches to development and experience of leading UX research activities within agile teams.
- You will need to be confident in presenting and demoing ideas to large teams of people and be able to quickly answer questions regarding your approach.
- Degree in a human behaviour related field (human-computer interaction, psychology, social science, information science, etc), or a degree in marketing and content strategy, or demonstrated experienceat an equivalent level.
- Strong understanding and experience of a range of user research methods, when to use them, and how to apply them correctly. This includes both qualitative and quantitative methods such as usability testing, user interviews, and surveys.
- Confident explaining user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for users.
- Passion for data with experience of using statistical methods to find digital trends and understanding user behaviour.
- Experience of recruiting, screening, and scheduling participants for research and testing.
- Practical experience of discovery methods including gathering requirements, evaluating user needs, running workshops and user interviews.
- Experience of defining project goals and deliverables through personas, journey maps, experience maps, service blueprints and strategic design deliverables.
Salary - up to £45,000
- 30 days annual leave (plus 3 concessionary days over Christmas and your bank holidays!
- Flexibility – UCAS positively supports Hybrid working for its employees, meaning you can work between home and the office in a way that suits you and the business and also has a comprehensive Flexible Working Policy
- A generous pension scheme
- Hundreds of high street discounts and offers with Perkbox
- Internal training and development
- Subsidised gym and café
- Be rewarded for going above and beyond with our ex-gratia bonus scheme and Celebrating U, our quarterly employee recognition scheme
Working ArrangementsIs remote working an option?