TELUS Health is the leading provider of health care systems in Canada. Bringing innovation to our healthcare system is a team sport. With over 2,900 dedicated team members and several key partners, we're joining forces to develop technology through everyday innovation.
Working in collaborative partnerships with business units across TELUS Health, you would be part of a dynamic team of highly skilled UX professionals. Our UX team is responsible for designing intuitive software products for complex clinical care and health benefits applications.
This is your opportunity to join other passionate UX professionals to improve healthcare delivery in Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As an experienced UX researcher, you will leverage best in class UX research methods to engage with clinical experts and customers to understand how they work and think. Working collaboratively within an integrated team of business analysts, UX designers, software architects and skilled developers, you effectively transform and communicate your rich research findings, to materially influence the design of products that:
- Improve health care workflow efficiency
- Ensure patient safety
- Increase product value and address new market opportunities
- Increase customer adoption and satisfaction
In essence make healthcare delivery better, faster, and safer for everyone.
Here’s how - You will:
- Plan, lead, facilitate, analyze and report on various user experience research initiatives
- Conduct research to understand people, process, data and technology across various health care related domains ranging from clinical systems, pharmacy systems, health insurance systems, virtual care
- Capture users’ needs, motivations, behaviors, etc. with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, field and remote research, facilitated workshops, ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry, survey design as well as collection and assessment of customer feedback on existing products
- Translate formative research findings into meaningful personas, journey maps and usage scenarios to inform requirements and business process
- Provide actionable insights for product design by effectively translating summative learning gained from AB testing, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, system usability scale (SUS) assessments, etc
- Ensure TELUS health product alignment with recognized accessibility guidelines through accessibility evaluation and testing in order to comply with legislation and meet market demand
- Create research guidelines, templates and document best practices; stay abreast of industry trends and methodologies
- Develop strong working relationships with business unit partners, by working collaboratively and delivering tangible, recognized value
- Rapidly develop deep healthcare and health insurance domain knowledge
You're the missing piece of the puzzle. You have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience driving user experience research preferably in healthcare areas such as clinical software, health insurance, pharmacy, virtual home care, etc
- Ability to learn new complex domains quickly, rapidly assimilate new information and grasp the key points from complicated details
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex systems problems that span across multiple usage/user contexts and products
- The ability to identify the best UX research methods and tools to use depending on project objectives and constraints
- Significant experience completing primary and secondary research, both summative and formative
- Adept in behavioral data collection and analysis
- Ability to organize and synthesize large quantities of information
- Experience with user research on multiple product form factors (desktop, tablet and mobile)
- Experience in successfully engaging all key stakeholders in the product development process (product management, BAs, technical architects, developers, QA, knowledge management)
- Experience working with clinicians is an asset
- Ability to clearly present evidence-based recommendations and accept feedback
- Proficient in communicating across diverse audiences and various levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and love the variety that it provides
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements, scope and schedules
- Drive to run with the challenge, knowing when to ask for feedback or support
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product and service design process and how to most effectively plug-in UX research for both agile and waterfall development
- A deep understanding of software accessibility including relevant legislation and standards
- Fluency in both English and French is required
- A portfolio showcasing your work is required for consideration
- Significant advantage if you’re able to participate and contribute to design activities, ranging from and not limited to: heuristic evaluations, wire-framing, prototyping, journey mapping, user flows and storyboarding; experience with Adobe creative suite, Figma, Balsamiq or similar tools
- An advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or other related fields
- Experience in healthcare industry
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.