Make investing intuitive through the user experience
Come join our diverse team of researchers who work directly with product design teams to build a world-class experience for our clients’ most important interactions with Vanguard. Our UX research ranges from generative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. We are looking for expert user experience researchers with a range of broad skills in qualitative and design research methods as well as usability testing and proficiency in quantitative research methods. You will have a real passion for human-centered design uncovering user needs, effectively communicating research insights, and collaborating with software engineers, designers, data scientists, content strategists and others to craft superior experiences for Vanguard customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product teams to identify and prioritize research topics and questions.
- Move quickly and efficiently in an agile product development cycle, delivering continuous insights through lean research practices.
- Provide counsel to product teams on the appropriate research strategy needed to answer critical questions.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered design principles leveraging support from other research disciplines (i.e. data science) as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management.
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design.
- Mentor and train team others in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methods.
- Assist with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with Market Research and other Analytics and Insights teams.
A design experience that delivers
Vanguard, a recognized employer of choice, is a leading investment management firm driven by a low cost, 100% client focused model. Vanguard believes that Client Experience is core to continued growth and success in the marketplace. As such, we are focused on delivering world-class experiences and investor outcomes at speed through multidisciplinary lab teams fully organized around client journeys.
What it takes:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience, with degree in HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, Usability, or Information Science
- MA/MS/PhD preferred (or equivalent industry experience)
- 7+ years relevant research experience
- Experience using a wide range of user experience research software and tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Medallia, Verint, Qualtrics)
- Experience working across mobile and desktop web and apps required
Specializations that will make an impact:
- Command a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, client interviews, diary study, surveys)
- Demonstrated mastery in using design thinking techniques for product design and research
- Proficient knowledge of quantitative research methods
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize initiatives and influence strategic decisions
- Strong project management skills and experience guiding multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies, and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research