“I don’t mind when the internet goes down, I don’t really need it...” said no one, ever. Our users are superheroes, providing IT services to small businesses everywhere. As a UX Researcher at N-able, your job is to enable those superheroes to do their job, and honestly, that’s awesome.
N-able is seeking a creative, data centric and highly motivated Senior UX Researcher to become a valued member of our product team and to bring simplicity and delight to superheroes <ahem> users. As part of an experienced UX team of Designers and Researchers, you’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, development, product marketing, executives, architecture and other company stakeholders.
You bring a strong customer focus, with a data-driven approach. You work well with minimal direction but you’re big on collaboration; you stand up for the users' needs, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your team members are global, so you rely as heavily on our virtual tools as you do on in-office teamwork.
The role of the senior is that of an independent and effective worker. You have a broad, detailed knowledge of UX skills and methods, product knowledge and working practices. A highly capable employee, senior roles should operate independently with confidence and be able to support others as well as consider initiatives to improve the UX function.
• Advocate the voice of the customer and be a bridge between the end users and the R&D teams
• Document and communicate research findings to product team members
• Participate in business and UI reviews with multi-disciplinary product teams
• Conduct online surveys and card sorts using tools like SurveyGizmo and OptimalSort
• Coordinating and conducting research sessions, including recruitment (sourcing and acquiring users for testing) and session scheduling
• Facilitate user feature walkthroughs, usability sessions and “Show me how you use it” open-ended interviews in order to inform new feature and product design and development
• Plan, develop and implement research processes and strategies within an agile development cycle
• Promote the UX practice within N-able, ensuring that development is user driven
• Share research knowledge & mentor junior researchers
• Help to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Evolve research into actionable insights, concepts and solutions.
• Be proactive and take the initiative to ensure necessary research is conducted and followed through on
• Work with other UX researchers in developing & maintaining customer relationships as well as setting a common standard for how user research is conducted in N-able
• Identifying and driving opportunities to improve the UX team and wider business
• 3-5 years in a UX role and or previous work experience in similar or related industry
• Expert UX Research skills
• Proven project leadership and strategic thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic ability to mentor/lead associates and UX designer/researchers.
• Deep knowledge and experience with UX research methods, skills and tools
• Basic understanding of identifying opportunities and driving the process to shape and grow the business,
• Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
• Strong time management and prioritization
• Experience working with complex software products and B2B environments
• Previous experience of developing and owning UX improvement initiatives
• Familiarity with quantitative research and statistics
• Background working with IT management software and its users
• Understanding of Lean, Agile and Scrum development approaches
N-able is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Our award-winning product suite includes the industry’s #1 RMM Service Automation Platform and has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardize and automate the setup and delivery of IT services to achieve true scalability. We are passionate that the MSPs who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That's why we put our users first in everything we do and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier.