As a Senior UX Researcher at Rivian, you will be the voice of the user and will have a leading role in ensuring ease of use and customer satisfaction. In this role you will have a deep understanding of Rivian’s target audience. You will do this through persona development, competitive benchmarks, user testing and sharing informed recommendations. Your research will help shape the future of automotive experiences for years to come. You enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and others to prioritize research opportunities.
- Set and maintain industry benchmarks using SUS and NPS as metrics
- Develop, own, and lead the user research roadmap across multiple vehicle programs.
- Help determine and validate product feature sets
- Conduct usability studies for software features then synthesize findings and document them along with suggestions.
- Work on automotive infotainment, web and mobile apps
- Develop personas through market studies
- Conduct competitive benchmarking of competitors to make recommendations to help influence current and future vehicles.
- Utilize in-person and online tools for testing
What You Need
- Master’s degree in a Human-Computer Interaction related field
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to focus groups, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Experience utilizing Kano and Conjoint models for product feature determination
- Survey experience with Qualtrics or similar
- Passionate about the automotive and transportation industry.
- 5 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development ideally in an automotive setting
- An understanding of automotive laws/regulations for both domestic/international programs, and engineering guidelines and manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with driver distraction issues including NHTSA regulatory guidelines
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.