Our team of human centered designers within our Information Technology group collaborate on our many service offerings to improve the employee experience across a variety of enterprise applications - thus helping our teams do their best work out in the field. We're looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to help us take our internal tools and services to the next level.
The Sr. UX Researcher will have the unique opportunity to work on multiple high-visibility internal and Operational focused projects, all while learning about our programs across the world and how we collaborate.
Projected responsibilities for this role:
• Partner with Principal UX Designers to design research plans and support insight capture, analysis, synthesis and reporting activities across a variety of enterprise-focused processes, tools and services used by staff
• Drive and synthesize customer discovery and understanding through contextual interviews, job shadows and usability studies with employees across the organization, learning how employees engage and collaborate across a variety of business capabilities and technical systems
• Create service blueprints, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes or other artifacts required to build shared understanding across multiple disciplines
• Facilitate design thinking and working sessions across multiple disciplines to build shared understanding, consensus, recommendations and forward progress against deliverables
• Collaborate with other staff UX Design professionals to establish and document best practices for consistently gathering and detailing customer understanding; create sustainable and effective mechanisms for evaluating delivered solutions
• You possess a deep understanding of generative, formative and evaluative methodologies and you're comfortable adapting your chosen method to address the needs of specific projects, without significant guidance.
• You've created and run your own research plan in a non-academic setting as a team of one (inclusive of at least 3-9 participants), and you’ve socialized your findings to stakeholders
• You're an active listener and experienced interviewer who enjoys using great questions to help your participants drive the conversation
• You’re comfortable analyzing and synthesizing insights, and you are skilled at efficiently pinpointing opportunities and recommendations from the data
• You’re a natural story-teller and skilled presenter of your work capable of highlighting your insights and actionable findings through data visualization and effective narrative.
• You’re effective at blending into the organization at which you contribute, with the ability to create shared understanding and alignment with stakeholders, especially those not familiar with the design discipline -- knowing when to listen, when to contribute and when to evangelize
• You're comfortable partnering with project teams to see your research recommendations through to implementation