Trimble loves UX and our teams are growing.
Trimble is looking for a talented User Experience Researcher to discover the key customer persona’s, their workflows, and modeling needs across a set of key Trimble 3D modeling products. With this research you will imagine a unified modeling approach in a simple and engaging user experience and possible collaboration between sets of these personas.
About The Position
You will be leading and executing the user experience research, helping to identify key persona’s, their needs and current usage patterns across some of Trimble’s 3D modeling applications. You will be the story-teller who provides engaging presentations about these customer groups, their key tasks and challenges, as well as their collaboration needs. With these as the background you will be leading design workshops, concepts and design refinements and deliver the validated designs. You will be working with a dynamic team of product managers, and developers, and will be working on a team with other UX Designers and a Jr. UX Researcher. You will also help establish user research as a discipline, creating best practices for tool and methodology use and educate a team of user experience designers on these methods.
What You Will Be Asked To Do
- Work with PM and other stakeholders to create a research plan for the entire project;
- Lead and execute all aspects of the research;
- Document your data collection and analysis;
- Become the resident expert on all end-user aspects associated with the researched workflows;
- Become an expert in the existing products and their users;
- Tell engaging and illustrative stories that:
- Build empathy and a deep understanding of central users, their goals, challenges and journeys;
- Help with prioritization of project sub-goals;
- Enlighten design workshops with relevant end-user data;
- Develop concepts for news solutions
- Validate concepts through customer and stakeholder interviews
- Conduct usability sessions
- Work with designers to create high-fidelity designs
- Unification is the key goal of this effort - you will be challenged to identify the best of breed 3D modeling interactions and collaborative workflows that all lead back to interactions with these models.
What We Are Looking For
- A bachelors degree or higher in either anthropology, experimental psychology, sociology, human computer interaction, human factors or a related field.
- 5 years of experience conducting research in an industrial setting.
- Experience conducting independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Experience with analyzing user behavior through lab studies, field visits, customer interviews, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Solid understanding of research and analysis methodologies, including the knowledge of appropriate method selection.
- Some basic statistical knowledge
- Demonstrated success creating research plans, and executing them resourcefully
- Experience with conducting research, and leveraging data to inform design strategy & direction
- A great story teller: someone who can bring the end user and their situation to life in an empathetic and engaging way
- A passion and deep experience in designing for professional users, an understanding of workflow analysis and customer journey analysis
- Solid background in human-centered design, and expertise with the user experience design process tools and best practices
- An innovative & strategic thinker who is skilled in interaction design, prototyping and comfortable working with new technologies
- Comfortable working with global cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders
- A willingness and interest in working on a team an obtaining design feedback from other UX Designers
From a soft skill and personality standpoint, this person is:
- Empathetic to users and cares about their holistic experience
- A strong, persuasive communicator
- Collaborative in spirit, able to quickly learn about the requirements of a team and help to drive results for them (no egos)
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D