goPuff is seeking an experienced UX Researcher to create our user research practice. You have an unique opportunity to apply your knowledge of usability testing, focus group discovery, persona generation, and A/B testing to define the UX research discipline the “right way”.
The Sr. UX Researcher will help drive the product team roadmap through fact-based analysis of potential solutions and real- world performance of existing solutions. Key to the role will be succinct communication of conclusions and maintaining an archive of past results. This role will have senior leadership visibility from day one. You’ll be the centerpoint for creating a customer-centric and insight mindset for the business to make informed decisions and create the best products for our customers.
This position reports to the VP of Product Management.
- Establish the UX research vision and best practices for our product teams
- Advocate for creative solutions that meld user and business needs
- Build the processes and toolkit for UX research at goPuff inclusive of: interviews, surveys, usability testing, concept studies, participatory design, ethnographic observations, A/B testing, etc
- Establish a customer centric culture that leverages observational insight into daily activities. Train leaders around you to appropriately apply research in the right place/time.
- 8+ years of user research experience in consumer software or ecommerce settings. May have been a Director in prior roles.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, other related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of different qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience in high growth tech startups