HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
As a Sr. UX researcher (UXR), through your dedication to understanding our users’ needs and behaviors, you will empower teams across Design, Product Management, and Engineering to deliver the best user experience possible. To help our product teams successfully deliver customer-focused solutions, you will engage with customers to conduct user research, both tactical and strategic, to inform product and design direction with the customer’s voice.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with product teams to identify meaningful research questions and choose methodologies that will most effectively answer them
- Generate insights and deliver compelling presentations of your findings that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Partner with designers, UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and other technical roles to conduct and share research in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Psychology, HCI, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of professional experience conducting research in enterprise software
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, surveys, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, heuristic evaluations, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience conducting all aspects of user research operations, including screening and recruiting participants; scheduling; data collection; and analysis and organization of that data.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience researching products for technical audiences, across multiple interfaces (Web UIs, CLIs, and APIs to name a few)
- Familiarity with infrastructure management concepts
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.