About the job
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan.
- Work directly with external vendors to procure research sample, research reports, and partner on research projects as needed.
- Execute various types of primary research and analysis, from early discovery, usage and needs, through product design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, journey mapping, user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing and others to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Develop strategic research plans including discussion guides and other study materials.
- Partner closely with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases.
- Influence architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Product teams.
- Text analysis and coding of open-end responses which might include product feature requests, problem reports, discussion forums, and community discussions.
- Analyze and synthesize data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive product improvements, innovations, and customer experience improvements.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership (VP, GM, Director level).
To be successful in this role you have:
- 7+ years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in user experience, product, customer, or academic research. Preferably for product development purposes.
- Proven success defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project. This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
- Intermediate knowledge of several data collection methods (either qualitative or quantitative) and fundamental knowledge of mixed methods.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates confidence in the data collection process which is evidenced by the ability to naturally engage users and in the aptitude to respond with insightful follow-up questions which increases richness of research data.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and fundamental knowledge of statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Advanced written and oral communication abilities. Can prepare reports of findings, illustrating research data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Experience working with and presenting research results to leadership.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects requiring frequent problem solving and critical thinking.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g., ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Expertise in one or more of the following product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal.
- Awareness of Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including demonstrating an understanding of responsive web design.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build Insanely Great Experiences
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.