Want to be part of the team, who built the Samuel L. Jackson, Melissa Mc Carthy and Shaq voice experiences on Alexa?
We are the team behind the Alexa Celebrity voices, pioneering in the fields of Conversational AI and Speech technologies and are up for some new, exciting challenges.
We are searching for a Senior User Researcher to generate insights into customer needs that inform product strategy, design decisions, and evaluate usability of features, in the emerging area of multi-AI interactions. Your research will be agile, keeping pace with the rapid innovation in the team, but also making sure that we're keeping an eye on the big picture in understanding our customers.
You should have broad skills in user research and design research methods, and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. There will be overlapping projects, so you should be good at multitasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, so you should be capable of translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization with stakeholders spanning across product, marketing, design, and software engineering.
- Identify and prioritize research questions based on the analysis of existing product designs, customers needs, project goals, and risks
- Employ the best research methods, mostly hands-on + including managing research agencies based on research questions, timelines, and resourcing
- Ability to drive research initiatives that range from qualitative and forward-looking to quantitative evaluation of current products
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management
- Write clearly and concisely, producing reports which are thorough and actionable
- Deliver impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting applied User research
- End-to-end experience conducting all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Experience applying user research methods including semi-structured interviews, field research, surveys, questionnaire design, diary studies, and usability studies
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into research questions and research designs
- Experience conducting research on voice-based experiences
- Previous experience in an incubation environment or on "0-1" product launches
- Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions with research insights
- Experience working with and managing external vendors.
- Experience with international research
Company - Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A1716812