AutoZone is a dynamic, fast-paced business environment. We are looking for an inquisitive, motivated, and proactive Senior UX Researcher with a passion to understand the “why” behind the behaviors and attitudes of our customers and AutoZone employees. The Sr. UX Researcher is a thought-leader, influencing the strategic and tactical decisions of AutoZone leadership and cross-functional teams by revealing critical user insights that help AutoZone create great user experiences.
· As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will proactively identify research projects as well as lead, design and execute mixed-methods research (dividing your time across strategic research, problem validation, and solution validation). You will make product, design, and engineering teams successful by revealing and leveraging customer and employee insights. You will lead multiple strategic research initiatives spanning B2C, B2B, and employee end-to-end user journeys to identify user experience insights and opportunities.
· You will triangulate qualitative and quantitative research findings with analytics to bring forward new insights that drive product innovation. You will synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations for your stakeholders and peers. You will tell creative and compelling insight stories that increase empathy and understanding of our users among the broader organization.
· You will help build a credible, research-led organization by actively contributing to the creation of a UX Research Center of Excellence through establishing processes, documentation, and repositories, and by providing guidance for democratizing research. You will advocate for our customers and AutoZoners as you share data-driven insights to leadership and stakeholders. Your most important mission is to ensure that we are doing what’s right for AutoZone, its customers, and its employees, helping drive the future of our products.
· 6+ years conducting user research for software/web-based products with stories to share
· Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, sociology, anthropology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience
· Extensive knowledge and thought leadership on quantitative and qualitative research methods including, email or site intercept surveys, usability testing, information architecture testing, click tests, user journey maps, personas, ethnographic studies, field observations, heuristic analysis, UX best practice review, day-in-the-life scenario studies, user interviews, focus groups, A/B testing, and accessibility testing
· Ability to independently perform all research related tasks in the research project lifecycle: create research plan, create a testing plan, write a screener, create a survey, recruit users, schedule users, moderate tests/ conduct in-depth interviews, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results
· Experience with one or more agile product development methodologies. Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with both users and stakeholders to build trust and rapport, gather quality insights, and deliver timely, actionable insights
· Must have excellent time management and project management skills
· Have a continuous learning mindset with a curiosity and desire to expand understanding of users, stakeholders, and research tools
· Proven track record for delivering, managing, and launching large-scale research projects
· Knowledge of ADA compliance, validation methodology, strategy, testing, and documentation requirements
· Familiarity with retail operations and digital eCommerce processes
· Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish