The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to help customers navigate through the most complex and personal purchase decisions they can make – that of home furnishings and decor. We are looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to investigate existing experiences and inspire new ideas in areas like 3D visualization, style recommendations, and interior design to help us raise the bar on our experiences and our customer’s shopping journey. Consider this - have you ever shopped for furniture or decor? How many trips to the store or online sites it took to figure things out? How often did you know the exact words to describe what you were looking for? If you’ve ever experienced moments like these, you know how hard it is to find what you need or like and then decide if it fits your unique needs. Today’s home shopping experience often either requires spending a lot of time and energy to find just the right thing or settle for whatever is available, and then spending even more time to return the product if you discover at home that it does not work for you. We are building the technology and experiences to eliminate these problems and make shopping more enjoyable.
Our Team Tackles Some Of The Toughest Problems In Retail To
As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will help drive strategic direction and uphold the quality standards for research and customer insights on our team. Team members will look to you for insights that inspire and validate ways they can meet the current and emerging needs of customers and create more informed and confident purchasing decisions. You’ll have opportunities to learn and grow through direct partnership with a group of seasoned UX designers, researchers, product managers and engineers, working on the front line of new technologies like machine learning. You’ll also be able to flex skills in growing a research practice, as we expand our current methodologies and thinking to support other lifestyle purchases, such as Pet Parenting and Customizable products. As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have.
- Remove stress and ease decision making for complex and nuanced purchases, like large furniture items.
- Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and help them find relevant products.
- Provide expert advice and information to help guide our customers in their decision making process.
- Get customers to the products they want faster by improving the ways to search and browse in shopping.
- Develop personalized experiences and intelligently help customers find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
- Help customers learn, develop, and refine their personal style to improve and customize their shopping experience.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Inform the development and growth of our research practice, focused on measuring customer experience outcomes / Voice of the Customer programs through a mix of qualitative, quantitative and methods yet to be invented
- Build durable, scalable points-of-view by translating data and insights into strategies that persuade and inspire senior leaders, product teams, and the broader organization to take concerted, informed actions
- Create and execute research roadmaps that identify new opportunities, inform high-level business strategy and goals, and connect research teams across Amazon
- Work with Product partners and Business Intelligence to connect insights to metrics and set up tools for tracking and developing progress against them
- Foster the sharing and adoption of customer insights and research methodologies within the Home Innovation Team and by other organizations across Amazon
- Drive standards to produce high quality customer insights and actionable recommendations that inform designs and priorities
- Ensure the right research questions are being asked and educate the organization on the research practice
The ideal candidate for this position will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The most successful members of our team are also capable of working through a high degree of ambiguity, eager to learn, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS in behavioral science, human computer interaction, psychology, or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience leading UX research using a variety of research methods
- Very strong writing skills
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, and data visualizations)
- MA/MS or PhD in behavioral science, human computer interaction, psychology, or related discipline
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience with innovation product exploration research for new products and services or significant experience shifts on released products and services.
- Strong command of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics
- Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets
- The ability to think long term, manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1817641