Publix is able to offer virtual employment for this position in the following states: FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC, VA
Research at Publix
Publix is on a mission to make the best digital grocery shopping experience. The enthusiasm from our stellar in-store shopping experience gives us unique momentum to exceed that in our digital products. We are designing e-commerce apps and websites that help our customers integrate Publix grocery shopping in their everyday habits.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to lead and grow our UX Research team, to collaborate with product teams, and to build world-class product experiences.
About UX Research and the role
The UX research roll will be part of the Digital Product UX team and works across many types of product initiatives around Publix’ website and app to more effectively and efficiently deliver product features and experiences that fulfill customer needs. Since our main customer is shopping for life’s basic necessities, we take extra care in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences so we can confidently say, “where shopping is a pleasure”.
In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable other product associates (product managers and designers) to learn and apply research skills. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency at Publix and define how we put users first when conducting research.
As a UX Researcher, you will be dedicated to a product team and collaborate directly with product, engineering, and design teams. This is a full-time remote opportunity for a seasoned qualitative researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft.
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights.
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights.
- Enable other product managers and designers to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
- Build out Publix’ research practice and infrastructure.
- Evangelize research insights to evolve and enhance Publix’ understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
- Has 7+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact.
- BS in Computer Science or related analytical field or equivalent experience.
- Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Are a mixed-methods researcher, however your strength is in qualitative research.
- Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps.
- Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery.
- Tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights.
- Can successfully set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Research team, and all of Publix.
- Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation -You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace.