ICON is re-imagining the approach to homebuilding and construction to make affordable, dignified housing available to everyone throughout the world. We’re crafting a new generation of end-to-end digital solutions for ICON partners, customers, prospects, and the general public. Given the uncharted nature of what we do, we’re looking for someone who is able to pivot quickly. ICON is an early-stage company, with a highly collaborative environment. Our flexible work schedule and open office culture set us apart; to make that work we’re looking for a responsible, efficient, and seasoned individual. We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to drive the user and discovery researcher efforts for ICON’s software products. As the Senior User Experience Researcher at ICON, you will be responsible for identifying and advocating for user needs in our pursuit to further ICON’s mission of making dignified housing accessible to everyone and advancing humanity with our technology. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX campus and will report to the Head of UX and Product Strategy on ICON’s Build OS team.Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a continuous user feedback cycle across BuildOS software products.
- Work with the BuildOS product teams to ensure users are represented in the development cycle for new and existing projects.
- Conduct ethnographic/contextual inquiries to capture/report the realities of users' needs in the field.
- Create research plans and protocols for BuildOS projects.
- Conduct discovery research for emerging technology and partner with product teams to bring the voice of the user into product strategy discussions.
- Create reports and summaries of research insights that are routinely shared across the team.
- Guide product teams in applying the most effective approach for achieving research goals and will help them work together to arrive at actionable user insights.
- Support/Lead discovery workshops.
- Collaborate with product teams to define research goals and identify target users.
- Communicate with participants to recruit and schedule participation.
- Collaborate with product teams throughout research, analysis, and synthesis.
- Advocating for our users.
- 5+ years conducting user experience research and user testing in industry or academia on digital products. Both in person and virtual sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social sciences, HCI or related field.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing user and usability research studies.
- Experience in qualitative research methods such as contextual inquiry/ethnographic field research, heuristic evaluations, in person and remote usability testing, & discovery based research with a focus on delivering insights that directly inform product roadmaps.
- Some experience in quantitative research methodologies such as surveys, card sorting, A/B testing, and desirability studies.
- Experience with participant recruitment and protocol development.
- Exceptional at empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased/data driven view of users, and translating user insights into action items for product teams through cohesive storytelling and knowledge sharing.
- General understanding of effective design, usability heuristics and UX best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Graduate degree preferred.
- A humble spirit that prioritizes team enrichment first.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an innovative, inclusive, and discrimination-free work environment. Employment with ICON is based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), genetic trait, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. If there are accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.