Lennox International(LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
The individual in this role will lead a broad scope of design research initiatives, with an emphasis on evaluative & generative testing. They will contribute competitive insights based upon Market Trends, Customer Testing and Data-driven research in collaboration with Product Owners, Designers and Technologists to successfully meet customer needs.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Establish a foundation for successful UX Design Research, communicate findings, make design recommendations to influence decision-making throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Own all aspects of the user research and the product development lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research), making autonomous decisions to evaluate which user research methodology approaches work, and which don’t.
- Lead research strategy efforts for the product ownership team, moderate user studies and execute on a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (i.e. – design testing, competitive analysis usability testing, A|B testing, etc.) to explore and validate assumptions around the customer experience.
- Design protocols and conduct user research including, but not limited to, in-depth interviews, remote unmoderated studies, diary studies, and translating them into reporting of actionable insights, next steps, and opportunities for growth as well as various user research artifacts such as user flows, journey maps, personas, storyboards, etc.
- Create long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform product strategy and goals.
- Collaborate within an integrated team of UX design, product ownership and product management to use design thinking to innovate for customers.
- Collaborate with UX Designers, product owners to design to prototypes, functional mockups, alpha/beta units.
- Become a domain expert through daily use of prototypes, products to develop a deep product intuition to guide your research.
- Communicate the results of your research and the impact on product design, go-to-market, and future user research.
- Translate the product vision for key stakeholders, internal partners and UX Designers, into strategic customer and business needs with measurable validation activities, such as heuristic evaluations and data analysis.
- Participate in on-going product design iterations.
- Create research studies and documentation to recruit participants, that will provide valuable product design insights.
- Enable efficient global execution of common study types, advocating for the needs of the customers at all levels of the organization.
- Consult and advise in partnership with business leaders, engage key stakeholders on benefits, approaches and tools to support data-driven decision making via customer research.
What Drives Success
Having the right qualifications is only a part of what it takes to be a successful employee. At Lennox International, we believe in following a set of behaviors and competencies to achieve your full potential. In this position, it is vital that you embody these core competencies:
- Situational Adaptability: You flex your approach and demeanor to suit various scenarios. You successfully shift gears as new developments and competing priorities arise – balancing routine tasks, urgent action items, and long-term projects is second nature for you.
- Decision Quality: You make thoughtful and timely decisions with the best interest of the organization in mind, prioritizing and organizing key deliverables and ensuring stakeholder buy in.
- Drives Results : You show pride in “getting the job done” with a bias for action, going above and beyond to ensure your responsibilities have been met. During high pressure moments, you work diligently to meet deadlines and show value in your work.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors Degree in Human-Centered Design or Related Field.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience as a user researcher, user experience designer, or similar role.
- Experience conducting UX research (study design, execution, data analysis, and devising customer insights/recommendations) with varied research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
- Experience working within an iterative design process, with the skill to leverage early results to influence product design, knowing the balance between certainty of methodology and speed of execution.
- Executive Communication, Collaboration and Leadership skills.
- Experience with creation, management and use of a user research repository.
- Project and Product Management Experience.
- Workshop Design and Facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Analysis.
What We Offer
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and development of all of our employees, largely promoting from within the organization. Lennox offers employees a variety of flexible work options, as outlined in Lennox’s FlexWork guidelines, including the potential opportunity for remote work for select positions. This role is currently designated as having the option for up to 2 business days/week of remote work.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy lifestyles
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust employee assistance program
- And much, much more!
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.