Uber Eats UX Research is hiring researchers to help create memorable experiences and level up our products to keep Uber moving globally. The UX Research team's mission is to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology and services in our current and future world. At Uber, we spend our days bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences and adding value to people's everyday lives by creating transportation options and economic opportunities.
At Uber Eats specifically, we want to make eating well effortless for everyone and, in doing so, enable opportunities for delivery partners and restaurants around the globe. We're seeking research partners who can help our team understand how best to do so. **If you're a researcher who's inspired by these missions, and who is unafraid to push the limits and looking to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment, we'd love to talk with you.**
What you'll do
- Think strategically - Explore yet-unearthed opportunities for our users, generate product and service ideas, on our most strategically important initiatives at Eats.
- Independently identify knowledge gaps and define new research opportunities, that will have the highest impact on our users and our business
- Lean into your craft - Design and conduct primarily generative user research, using qualitative (field research, observations, remote and in-person interviews, and occasionally usability studies) and quantitative methods (surveys)
- Experiment - Invent and pioneer research methods, when creative methods are called for.
- Adapt your existing research practices to meet team needs under tight timelines and/or under the learning constraints inherent in understanding such complex topics as food-related perceptions, exploring physical and digital interactions and experiences, and the dynamics between our many user groups
- Explore complex topics - Understand the core needs of eaters, couriers, and/or restaurant partners (from restaurant owners, to managers, to front-of-house staff, to back-of-house-staff, and more).
- Explore their needs related to delivery, and also well outside this space, to anticipate their more over-arching and/or deeper needs.
- Consider the dynamics of their physical and digital world behaviors, and the dynamics of their relationships with one another.
- Enable org-wide empathy - Support other tactical research and empathy-building efforts, by helping teach designers and product managers to conduct research, connecting them with our recurring (usability) research program, or other empathy-related programs
- Connect - Collaborate with Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing leaders.
- Help the team become more empathetic with our users.
- Drive action - Synthesize and communicate research findings to shape designs and inform the product roadmap.
- Connect your insights to our business goals, and clear action for product and/or our business.
- Mentor - Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods to other members of this team. We love to explore each of our UXR and non-UXR super powers and share them with one another!
What you'll need
- MS or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people of different functions
- Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on more strategic research
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Ability to travel occasionally both nationally and internationally
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.