Why adapt to the future when you can define it?
That’s exactly what the INSTANDA founders set out to do back in 2012. Born out of their frustration with how the legacy systems were holding back productivity across the Insurance sector, they knew there had to be a better way, so they built a solution that has been challenging the status quo ever since.
INSTANDA is the world’s first no-code platform for complex underwriting, and the first insurtech on Microsoft Azure. We have changed the way Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGAs), and Brokers can design and deliver insurance products to market, allowing them to configure new products at speed, and with huge cost-saving benefits.
INSTANDA has grown significantly in recent years and we are now a team of 130+ employees based in the UK and US, with partnerships that operate worldwide.
Our company was built by looking at the world through a different lens and our culture today reflects that by encouraging you to be yourself, speak your mind, and share your opinions. We want people who want to push themselves, be part of something great, and be prepared to challenge if they think there is a better way. Collaboration sits at the heart of how we operate, it has fueled our growth enormously and our aim to be ‘world class’. People at INSTANDA not only have a real sense of shared ownership, but are granted share options to benefit from our long term success making everyone an owner of the business.
So if this sounds like the place you can thrive in and grow your career, please keep reading!
Follow us to learn more: Instanda.com | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
We are seeking a talented UX Researcher with strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills to join our team. You will be responsible for helping to define and driving the user experience and usability to a new greenfield platform, ensuring an efficient and pleasurable user experience for our users.You will share insights across your team and convey the needs of our users, inform design decisions, and improve the platform’s usability. You will be involved throughout the lifecycle, including user requirement gathering, ideation, design, iteration, validation, and any necessary analytics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the UX strategy for the new platform, working on the feedback loop in the software development lifecycle, aligning to business analysts and the product owner.
- Proactively lead scoping, planning, conducting, and analysing research by creating research plans, protocols, and activities using qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-method approaches.
- Play back findings and insights using a variety of artifacts (personas, user flows, journey maps, storyboards, etc.). These will support new features and improvements.
- Work with UI designer to create concepts for features and functionality (prototypes, wireframes, etc.). You will validate them to ensure they meet the users’ needs.
- Work closely with development teams: ensuring a user-centred approach, triaging issues with the quality assurance team, and engaging in sprint ceremonies.
- Document best practice for continuity and consistency across the UI of the platform.
You will have:
- Proven experience with UX research in a portfolio of projects, preferably for a configurable platform.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, surveys, etc.).
- Experience translating analysis findings and insights to stakeholders through a strategic narrative, both to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience working in an agile environment, delivering over sprints.
- Pro-active drive to establish a user-centered design culture in the team.
- Self-starter attitude and client-facing experience.
You could have:
- Experience with web accessibility.
- Experience working with SaaS technology.
- Experience in the insurance industry.
- We offer 28 days holiday, with the option of buying up to 5 additional holiday days per year
- Wellness allowance - £100 for you to put towards anything health & well-being related.
- Inclusion in the company share plan
- All employees are included in the company bonus scheme OR We offer an attractive commission scheme (sales/accounts)
- We are a member of the Employee Assistance Program, that supports our staff 24/7
- Annual Learning & Development allowance of £1,250
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free access to Microsoft ESI Learning Platform
- Group Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Active social committee who arrange events throughout the year.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly via Workable
- We are not using any recruitment agencies for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship to apply for this role