LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD.
COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE.
MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world’s most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we’ve built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain…Why North Highland? Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow. It’s our employee ownership model - with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For us, training doesn’t have an off switch. You’ll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. We want people who strive for the next level, then the next.
At North Highland, you’re never a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won’t lose your face in a crowd. You’re recognized individually.
We started as three leaders and a kitchen table. Which means we know expectations are made to be broken. Want to surprise us? Do it. Experiment and stretch yourself. There’s room to grow as a budding entrepreneur.
Serves as the lead for all designers. Partners with stakeholders on early concepts of projects from a strategic design standpoint. Responsive to the business needs, stays flexible and drives change within a collaborative environment. Well versed in user-centered methods and associated deliverables with solid thought leadership in UX design. Provides superior communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills in order to communicate complex interactive design concepts across varying levels within the organization.
- Serves as lead designer and consultant for applications with high levels of complexity.
- Lead collaboration activities for the design team, customers and employees.
- Serves as a mentor on the design team.
- Create user experience flows, user profiles and other deliverables that align with product milestones.
- Excellent communicator of the design concept, interaction behavior, and rationale to end users, product owners, and technology team.
- Use prototypes (low-mid- high-fidelity) to demonstrate interaction and test with users.
- Awareness of the latest design trends and best practices for User Experience.
- Proactively identify UX component enhancements and develop design efficiency that benefits the enterprise.
- Partners with the UI Developers during implementation.
- Works with leadership to bring awareness of training opportunities for the design team.
- Creates communication materials to evangelize UX across the organization and increase maturity.
- Building User Experience (UX) deliverables such as design comps/mockups, wireframes, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Performing research with subject matter experts to discover opportunities, develop requirements and personas.
- Consulting with cross-functional teams to provide technical feasibility studies, and identify usability advantages to drive solid decisions.
- Managing User Interface (UI) Standard Templates
- Creating templates for web, desktop, smartphones, tablets and others.
- Training, partnering and supporting technology teams use of the UI template.
- Assisting in the design (from user perspective and interaction) of applications, for use within and outside of CSX.
- Solving technical/business problems and contributing in the delivery of business solutions that provide a ROI.
- Ensuring compliance with the standards for all end-user facing technology applications.
- Presenting cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, product and technology teams)
Ideally, We’d Like
- Knowledge of Customer Experience, User Experience, Employee Experience and Multi-Experience
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- CSS Design ability
- Expert in building User Experience (UX) deliverables such as design comps/mockups, flow charts, functional specifications and style guides
- Ability to create interaction design for hi-fidelity wireframes and prototypes using Figma to support enterprise design consistency
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Standards
- Excellent team building, collaboration and mentoring skills
- Experience analyzing and designing for large scale applications
- Strong experience with incorporating UX within the Agile methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required in Advertising, Graphic Design,
- Human-Computer Interaction, Systems/Technology, or other related field.
- 7 or more years of experience in user centered design /technology projects.
TRANSFORMING CLIENTS. TRANSFORMING CAREERS.
Success—for both our clients and our colleagues—is all about putting people first and doing great things together. We believe that when we work as one team, we can take action today to build lasting capability for tomorrow.
Here’s How We Make That Happen
- We want people who strive for the next level, and then the next. That’s why we’re passionate about giving you the tools you need to reach your full potential. It’s rooted in our employee ownership model—with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities to help you forge your own path to the top. Grow through your choices
- Our firm is large enough to scale up and tackle big client challenges, but small enough that you won’t get lost in the crowd. And that’s something that will never change. We celebrate individuality, collaborate as a team, and put our people first. Always. You're never a number.
- Not content to stand still? We wouldn’t have it any other way. There’s room to experiment and stretch yourself here, and we encourage you to bring whatever you’ve got to the table.
- Make your mark.
READY TO MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN?
Founded in 1992, North Highland is an employee-owned firm—regularly named one of the best places to work. With our blend of workforce, customer, and operational expertise, we’re also a leading voice in the change and transformation consultancy space. We have more than 5,000 consultants and 60 offices around the globe, all focused on helping businesses transform by placing people at the heart of every decision. It’s how lasting progress is made. Meanwhile, we’re a proud member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordence.com), an international consulting alliance.
For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Please note that applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, either now or in the future, for this position.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.