We’re looking for a UX lead to join our growing eCommerce team! As a UX lead, you will be responsible for owning the UX and UCD process across UX Design, Research, and Experimentation, as well as managing and developing a team of talented UX individuals who can execute against our Product Management strategy.
You will work closely with the Product Owner and Delivery Lead to ensure your team positively contribute to the cross-functional Delivery Team, whilst also ensuring the customer is always well represented in our thought process and decision-making.
This role is based within our Head Office here near Liverpool with a hybrid working method in place, 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
- Line management responsibility for all UX functions including Research, Design, and Experimentation ensuring that the team are motivated and challenged, whilst continuously delivering to expectation and quality
- Define, own and continuously refine the UX strategy and vision
- Lead UX decisions on all key business projects and initiatives
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision-makers
- Establish and own short and long term goals for your area based upon business goals and strategy, user feedback, and operational data
- Work closely alongside the Product Owner and Delivery Lead identifying key opportunities to improve customer satisfaction through conversion-focused initiatives
- Provide regular iterations to improve and redefine the digital customer experience delivering strong commercial results
- Implement activities to raise the status and awareness of UX as a discipline to group-wide audiences within Matalan
- Leverage user research methodologies and techniques to identify who our users are and how to build products that meet their needs
- Drive and champion the continuous usage and development of our onsite UX Lab
- Guide & support Agile UX processes to ensure rapid design iteration
- Work closely across Product and Development teams to ensure projects are delivered to best in class UX standards
- Work across web and mobile apps ensuring design coherence throughout the end-to-end user experience
- Evangelize the customer in every conversation and decision, be passionate about their needs and continually strive to improve their experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing and leading a UX team, playing a senior role with demanding targets and responsibilities
- Ability to drive a team through complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expert understanding of user-centered design principles
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Work well under pressure with good attention to detail and consistency
- Highly organised with a logical approach to challenges
- Solid understanding of Conversion Rate Optimisation, Product and Design
- Solid grasp of UX Research methodologies
- A good understanding of data analytics, testing tools, and how to analyze and interpret datasets
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
- In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.