About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a research manager to lead a team of talented user experience researchers, providing direction on research strategy, giving career guidance, and facilitating cross-functional partnerships across our product, design and engineering teams, as well as across our research teams (user research, behavioral insights research, marketing research). The role reports to the Head of Research and is part of the Research leadership team.
As a qualified candidate, you have a proven track record of building and managing teams that deliver high-quality research with measurable business value. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders, including articulating the vision of the team as well as the integral role of research to the business. You care deeply about people, and are excited about investing in their growth and career development.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing, mentoring, and inspiring a team of user researchers as they hone their craft and engage in rigorous research
- Working closely with the Head of Research to communicate and demonstrate the value of user research to the business and product
- Providing guidance on programs of research and/or individual studies, and setting expectations for quality and impact
- Ensuring your team is building the right portfolio of projects to optimize for both business and product goals, and personal growth
- Leading and representing your team effectively through strong cross-functional relationships - substantiating the work and the decisions behind them, and advocating for a user-centered framing of company strategy and product building
- Accelerating team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the research team and cross-functional teams
- Building out your own team as we rapidly scale in 2020 and beyond
- Working closely with Behavioral Insights and Marketing Research leadership
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2-5 years of experience managing UX research teams that include senior researchers
- 8 years of work experience in an applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Anthropology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Deep knowledge of and applied experience with research, including foundational, iterative, and evaluative; the relative merits of different methods and when to apply them during product development
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining top research talent
- Effectiveness in championing, growing, and upskilling researchers; demonstrated record of getting reports promoted
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills, as well as keen attention to detail
- A high degree of self-awareness
- Ability to think big and understand complex problems, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.