We are happy to introduce a new position as a full-time User Experience Researcher (UXR) at Crytek, based in our studios at Frankfurt am Main, Germany. You will be a core member of the UXR Team, working closely with UX/UI Design and Engineering in the Product Department. You will help us bring the voice of the user into our project: taking CryEngine to the next level!
We are looking for a very motivated, empathetic and innovative researcher, with the ability to work in a truly collaborative, generative, and fast-paced research environment. This is an ideal opportunity for a person that feels passionate when taking on a challenge at scales that have real impact on actual products. If you’re serious about multiple methods research, and ready to understand our diverse users’ complex issues and practices, this role is for you.
As a teammate, you will be supported by, and responding to, CryEngine’s Senior User Researcher, who will also mentor your professional growth for you to have the best working experience as possible, keeping your space for evolving in UXR, and continue to explore this and further fields.
- Expert Users Interviews — you are expected to have a deep understanding of cognitive biases and empathetic interviewing skills, having structured knowledge on how to generate solid heuristic question flows and manage answers, both with internal and external user pools. You will work mainly through remote international interviews, and on-site ones.
- Behavioral Usability Testing (Monitored) — You are expected to have a neat knowledge on how to plan, design and execute research relating task-driven User Interviews, gathering value data on users’ performance and experience issues via specific usability rates, further on being able to analyze and showcase results and interpretations, and to evaluate the impact of your work.
- User Journey Mapping — Building and assessing UI Panels Flow.
- User Mental Models — Building and assessing User Practices & Preferences.
- A/B Testing — New features decision-making via Parallel Usability Testing.
- Active collaboration growing CryEngine's UXR Repository.
- Collaborate on Re-Ops & Recruitment — you’ll not be alone in this, no worries!
- Collaborate on Focus Groups Monitoring.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- 2-4 years of experience in mixed methods research, behavioral-quantitative, ethnographic and qualitative research, and measurement of usability metrics.
- Master Degree in Design, UX/UI, Anthropology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Data Science, Statistics, Human-Computer Interaction or similar degree preferred (or equivalent demonstrable work experience).
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills. Mental fluency at interviews and expressive agility when presenting results to stakeholders or procuring documentation is a must.
- You have developed a grown-up taste for great design and the dexterity for straightforward software interaction evaluation.
- Pragmatic mindset, synthesis skills, innovative and disruptive thinking.
- You have deep social skills, showcasing your ability to work within a team cooperating with other professional profiles: you work flexibly, collaboratively, transparently, orderly and empathetically. You are able to observe, listen and understand different kinds of personalities, needs, subtle situations and interaction issues.
- Autonomy: you are well able to manage your schedule and workloads.
- You are a Helper: you always try to facilitate a happy environment, you are aware of what your work fellows are doing, and what are their problems in order to help them get things done.
- You are a Serious Solver: you are methodical and want projects to develop correctly and effectively, you double-check what you do, and try others to validate collective work.
- You are comfortable with complexity, enjoying the unfolding of loads of texture to finally identify specific problems, solutions and effective alternatives.
- We go guerrilla: wouldn't you?
- Experience in several industry fields (Games, Tool Development, EdTech, Gamification, Service Design, FinTech, Data Analysis, Statistical Research,...) and diversity of projects is a plus, showcasing you can glide through a wide range of interests and different company needs and profiles.
- Experience with Desktop Apps and Tool Usability Assessment.
- Profiles prone to Data Science, Blockchain Tech, AI Tech, Statistics or Economics.
- The company language is English. Other languages are a plus.
- Postgraduates & PhD students or doctorates in related fields are a plus, as experimental research and design will be developed.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing and fun yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.