Seeking User Experience Designer for 12 months contract role in Richfield MN .
Location: Richfield MN
Job title:User Experience Designer III
duration: 12 + months
Job id: 16385-1
Looking for ability to perform the role of UX Practice Leader with emphasis on collaboration with team members, vetting requirements, IA & Design, and must be able to develop strategy for experience flows, direct work to UX designers for low-fidelity, high-level wires to gain alignment with all key stakeholders for finished flows and designs. Will be responsible for evaluating and confirming the functionality delivered to development team and QA for internal users across roles, devices.
Position Summary/Job Description:
- Produce a variety of UX deliverables for both information architecture and visual design.
- Must understand cross-platform application to both desktop and mobile and be proficient in designing for touch devices.
- Be responsible for creating flows and wireframes to depict interaction solutions that are inline with business and IT requirements.
- Be responsible for designing solutions and delivering assets that adhere the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our Retail applications
- Able to quickly and seamlessly move between designing for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all.
- Ability to work with business product owners, IT developers, business analysts, and other project resources.
- Ability to translate business requirements and strategy documents into simple, concise and compelling solutions.
- Ability to present UX work and findings to a variety of audience, including business product owners, IT resources, and senior leaders in the Best Buy enterprise.
- Perform UX quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams.
- Collaborate with other UX resources to deliver the optimal UX solution based on requirements.
- Seek and gain alignment across business and discipline groups.
- Deliver UX assets to third party, off-site development team for implementation.
Must have skills:
5+ years experience delivering digital solutions to a variety of industriesTouch and mobile first experience requiredExperience working on website, tablet applications and other touch-based interfacesUnderstanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development)Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positivelyComfortable with ambiguity
- Portfolio required for submission (online or PDF is acceptable)
- Portfolio must include user flows, wireframes and visual designs
- Bachelor s Degree in user experience, graphic design, marketing, human factors or similar
- InVision or Axure prototyping skills
- Sketch App skills
- Previous retail or similar corporate experience
Must be submitted on resume, no exceptions! -Online or PDF portfolio is required
Interview Process Overview:
30 minute phone interview followed by 60 minute in person interview.