Brooklyn, New York
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
- Lead end-to-end research projects from defining objectives, to analyzing results and sharing insights with stakeholders. (Usability testing, concept testing, prototype testing and in-person interviews)
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to make recommendations on how to improve customer experience while identifying potential customer/business risks.
- Present actionable insights that guide the development of new features from conceptualization, design, development, testing, to launch and post-launch.
- Build meaningful relationships with Engineering and Marketing teams and share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations.
- Become an expert on our customer behaviors, needs and values across various channels and promote proven user research methodologies across the company.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 4+ years of experience conducting User Research for digital products in consumer-goods businesses. Beauty and Start Up experience preferred.
- Possesses a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Is passionate about understanding customer needs and delivering high quality experiences.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present complex information.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and collaboration in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- On-going training and development programs (think annual conferences, training or proficiency allowances- French lessons anyone?)
- Company wide “annual kickoff” offsite (at a location to be disclosed)
- Free lunch weekly and an abundance of office snacks (which may include the occasional croissant, macarons and cheese spread)