Avast Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for businesses — offered in 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries including Canada, Germany, USA, the Netherlands, and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talents in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
For our team we are currently looking for:
User Experience Researcher
Do you like talking to people about their everyday lives and experiences? Do you have an appetite to improve the quality of their lives by bringing them engaging and fabulous products? Then we’d love to have you like our new User Experience Researcher!
What you will do:
- Work with Avast teams to understand what information about users can help guide their product designs
- Propose efficient and creative ways of collecting answers to partner questions
- Serve as a consultant to partners to ensure appropriate research techniques are used
- Partner with teams and stakeholders to conduct user research and summarize the findings
- Help identify and better understand our customers’ needs, and highlight the gaps between their needs and our current capabilities
- Plan and conduct user research using techniques such as usability testing, in-depth interviews (remote and in-person), driven benchmarks, diary studies, concept testing, and idea validation, card sorting and tree testing, and ethnographic research
- Define test samples and recruit appropriate participants for user research studies
- Creatively communicate results and deliver high-quality, multimedia research reports
- Facilitate global research projects across multiple timezones
- Follow the evolution of user experience research techniques to find the standard methodologies for improving research efficiency
- Evangelize the need for user research and publicize the benefits of it by presenting to product teams and company executives
- Maintain and enlarge our global database of research participants
What we need:
- User researcher with 2+ years of experience in running a variety of user research methods: usability testing, in-depth interviews, ethnography, etc.
- Ability to identify unknown customer pain points and synthesize and generate meaningful insights that help responsible product teams improve customer experience
- Ability to define and execute research that identifies user needs, both met and unmet
- Ability to identify new research opportunities across business units and product teams
- Strong observational analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cross-domain interpersonal skills - helps maintain a consistent view on user experience across multiple product teams
- Ability to communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Ability to run user interviews in proficient English (other additional languages such as French, Portuguese, Russian, etc. are also encouraged)
- great teammate with excellent collaboration skills
- Experience with quantitative research and related tools (GA, Hotjar, etc.) encouraged
- Time flexibility
- An exciting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- The multifaceted international work environment
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!