We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to work on individual projects, delivering the most appropriate quantitative and qualitative research for our Digital Product Development teams.
Additionally, candidates must be able to feed insights to support agile cadence, helping formulate and prioritise the requirements/backlog in a timely and iterative manner.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Ensure User Centred Design is at the foremost of all projects, developing and maintaining user focused outputs
- Have a detailed understanding of our customer types/segments/personas - their behaviours, motivations, shopping habits, needs, demographics
- Communicating and weaving knowledge of our customers through projects by creating personas, customer journey mappings and to help inform the business who our customers are and how they shop
- Orchestrate and execute user-centred research throughout the design and development cycle using appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques according to the stage of development
- Develop your knowledge and experience of research methods such as focus groups, surveys, usability testing (online and lab) ethnographic observation, contextual enquiry, card sorting, tree testing, click tests
- Capturing research requirements, planning kick off meetings, thinking about budget and timeline, an approach to the research, writing research plan, writing the discussion guide, conducting sessions, analysis and reporting
- Ensure recruitment of customers and panels is carried out to meet defined Personas
- Ensure that all research is completed on schedule and that results are communicated to the project team
- Analysis of data into actionable insights for the various teams – making sure to join the dots – where different teams need to see information pertinent to them.
- Clearly communicate findings, insights and recommendations to team members and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with UX Architects, Visual designers, Product Managers and technical teams as required to ensure objectives are clearly defined, understood etc. and advise on the appropriate research method(s).
- Facilitation of workshops to explain the outputs and insights from the research and their impact – providing design ideas and direction if needed.
- Develop your understanding of design needs and wireframe it to a digital offering on multiple channels (Mobile, Mobile Web, Desktop) using tools such as Sketch
Intermediate skills & demonstrable experience in most of the following. All relevant user research methods including but not limited to:
- Qualitative & analytical skills
- Desk based primary research
- Ethnography / Contextual research
- Lab based testing
- Focus groups / Workshop facilitation
- Surveys / Card Sorting / Tree Testing
- Online / Remote user testing set up and management
- Lab set up & management
- Work with our recruitment agencies to develop the screener and ensure the correct demographic of participants is in place at the right time and are correctly compensated.
- Screener definition
- Moderating user research
- Discussion guides & tester packs
- Analysis & presentation of findings in engaging way
- Advise appropriate research technique and why
- Accessibility testing and evaluation
- Use of Personas/ Customer profiling to support UCD
- Knowledge/ some proficiency in Morae, SilverBack, Tobii and/or other UX research tools
- Knowledge/ some proficiency in using online tools such as Lookback, Userzoom or Usertesting.com
- Solid project management skills and track record of delivery
- Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product
- UCD advocacy to ensure the customers voice is integrated into Product design backlog and prioritisation o Brand advocacy and adherence to guidelines
- Usability best practices and approaches
- Quality of delivery