Locations: New York, NY; Mountain View, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; San Bruno, CA; Bellevue, WA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of work experience in an applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- 3 years of experience managing UX research teams.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- 15 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with SQL, Python, SPSS and remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or UserZoom.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research. Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Manage a team of User Experience Researchers.
- Foster Google’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.