In this role, you will enhance insight around customer needs, stated and unstated, to support the ongoing development of the Mountain Warehouse digital experience
You will do so by conducting research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of our customers through methods like surveys, usability testing and interviews. Your research will help us make useful, usable, and conversion rate generating improvements to the Mountain Warehouse website. You will promote change at all stages of development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
What you'll be doing
- Support the design and development of Mountain Warehouse’s Research Ops to promote effective and accurate research practices that disseminates to the wider business.
- Triangulate data across sources to find opportunities for improvements, inspire innovation and to develop the wider teams’ knowledge base.
- Use appropriate synthesis/analysis techniques, and research deliverables (such as customer journey maps, personas, task analysis etc.) to effectively communicate findings to inform business decisions.
- Share research and key insights, build consensus, and ensure the voice of the customer is present in decision-making and planning.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and online merchandisers to turn research into action.
We'd love to meet someone with
- Experience in a UX or relevant eCommerce role
- Experience facilitating user studies using various research methods.
- Knowledge of research methods and the principles of experiment design.
- Advanced analysis and excel skills along with knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience using UX/HCI synthesis and analysis methods to communicate findings.
- Initiative and confidence to instigate UX research support for projects in an agile environment
- Ability to articulate ideas supported by research to various stakeholders
- Experience using tools such as SiteSpect, Optimizely, Usability Hub, Typeform and Lookback.io
- Interest in visual and emotional web design
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
In 1997, we launched Mountain Warehouse to make the outdoors accessible to everyone by offering value for money product and exemplary customer service.
The outdoor industry had become very jargon heavy and we wanted to create a brand that would cater to our mothers and our neighbour’s kids as well as seasoned professionals who understood the technology.
Our expansion since then has seen the brand grow and the product evolve, but the small family business that makes MW special has remained. Great product is at the heart of everything we do.
As we expand internationally we employ a team of dedicated diverse people to offer our valued customers the best possible experience when visiting our stores, shopping online and putting our range through its paces.
Welcome to our journey.