TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher to drive valuable insights into product features, users and influencers, and trends in culture and creativity.
As a UX Researcher, you will support the entire research process, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. You will help define future features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for a global audience.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partnering with leadership across design, product management, marketing, operations, analytics and data science to influence product design and innovation.
- Contributing to our research roadmap and help to align cross-functional teams around a shared vision for research at TikTok.
- Initiating and conducting generative, iterative, and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs, and the end-to-end user experience.
- Leading evaluative research that explores future uses of social media in light of possible technology innovation and changes and market dynamics.
- Mentoring junior researchers and overseeing their work and contributions across projects.
- Sharing findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations, and creative design tools and assets for product stakeholders to use.
- Presenting research findings and strong recommendations to global teams and stakeholders of research.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
- Specific expertise with a subset of qualitative and/or quantitative methods.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong partner management. Able to navigate large departments and identify key contacts.
Even Better If
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Design thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with international research and/or fluency in more than one language a plus!
- Strong interest in social and entertainment apps, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.