About the job
About the Role
This is a brand-new and exciting role within our growing Conversion Rate Optimisation service and offers the chance for the successful candidate to really make this role their own. We want you to come in and really take ownership of the way we research, analyse and present insights to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll help and establish our UX offering and be our go-to person for anything user experience related.
You’ll help focus our client strategies using a variety of quantitative/qualitative methods and be confident in wrapping up insights into reports, documents and presentations. We’d also love you to get involved in the creation of wider business reports on trends, benchmarks and the future of UX to share on our Insights and social media channels.
Duties will include the creation & implementation of usability testing, customer surveys, mouse tracking analysis, heuristic evaluations and user-centred design, plus whatever else you can bring to the table. Overall, we want someone who can work autonomously, think independently and show passion for the field of UX.
Duties & Responsibilities
A day-in-the-life of a UX Researcher at Evolved Search looks a little bit like this:
- You’ll be tasked with research, analysis and a bit more research!
- You’ll help focus our client strategies with data and insights and be on hand to present these to clients, as well as liaising closely with teams from across the agency to communicate this effectively.
- There’ll be face-to-face meetings (one day soon, hopefully!), client calls, Zoom meetings and client presentations to be a part of, as well as involvement with new business proposals and prospect pitches.
- Providing insights for the Evolved blog and participate in industry events/webinars etc. where required.
- Creation & implementation of usability testing, customer surveys, mouse tracking analysis, heuristic evaluations and user-centred design.
- Presenting data and insights in an engaging and informative way to various stakeholders, as well as preparing reports and other documents where required.
The rest is still unwritten, as the famous philosopher Natasha Bedingfield once said. The opportunities are endless with this one!
What we're looking for
Did we mention this is an entirely new role for the agency? We’re looking for someone to take full ownership, come packed with ideas and make an impact right away. We’re also looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar UX role.
- Has a real passion for generating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Possesses an interest in human psychology and the study of people, as well as being able to empathise with them and piece together a detailed understanding of their wants, needs, challenges and how and why they do certain things.
- Is an advocate for user-focused design processes and the confidence to drive this approach within the agency.
- Is a confident presenter with internal and external stakeholders and can communicate at a high level, as well as being able to simplify complex processes and rationales to cater to every audience.
- Has the ability and initiative to work autonomously and independently and show a passion for UX.
What you'll get from us
Your expertise and experience come at a price (we get it) and that’s why we have a competitive salary on offer for this role, however, we know your personal time, wellbeing, career development, and sense of purpose at work are just as important, and this is why we have an amazing bunch of additional perks, too.
- A hybrid working model with a blended approach to the working environment made up of both home and in-office working designed by you to meet with your personal life.
- A truly flexible working policy with a time banking system and minimal core hours, so you can truly manage your own working time.
- Premium private health insurance covering both physical and mental health, for you and your partner/children.
- An employee assistance program.
- Access to our Perks discount platform.
- An enhanced range of policies such as a holiday package that offers 36 paid days off p/a, enhanced Maternity and Paternity, and more.
- Matched pension contributions to 8%.
- 5% monthly Personal development training time (1 day per month) and a personal training budget to match.
- A bank of personal CSR/charity hours and a matched donation scheme to support a charity of your choosing.
- A generous gift from the team on your birthday, not to mention a beer or two.
- Summer team bonding activity with overnight stay and a Christmas party that takes you into Europe.
- Regular paid for social activities, conferences, awards, and events including our very own “Evolvies”.
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving competitive salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
Please note: At the moment in line with guidance we are working fully remote to keep our team safe. However, when it is safe to return into the office our Hybrid model allows for flexibility in your role so if you aren’t based in Newcastle Upon Tyne or surrounding areas but would love to work for an award winning agency with its people at the top of its agenda, continue with your application and we will discuss our hybrid model with you further as part of our interview process.