Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Lab is home to the Spectacles brand and a world-class research & development team, working together to pave the way for the future of the camera — and innovating how creative computing will be overlaid on the world around us.
We’re looking for a mixed methods UX Researcher to join Snap Lab ! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll help us identify unique issues in a wide variety of fields. Working closely with the Design, UX, Strategy, and Engineering teams, you will help craft and carry out studies that highlight solutions for product development and emerging technologies.
What you'll do:
- Proactively identify research needs by partnering closely with product managers, designers, engineering, data science, and growth teams
- Build comprehensive research plans along the product development cycle, using appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Own the end-to-end research process for products in development including defining, recruiting, moderating, synthesizing, and reporting
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative findings and articulate actionable product and design insights to partners
- Advocate for the user – evangelize user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting to and communicating with senior leadership
- Strong written and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience conducting UX Research for product and design teams
- Experience conducting UX research for both hardware and software products across the product life cycle
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and engineering leads
- AR and MR research experience