Estimated pay range
Actual pay may be different — this range is estimated based on User Experience Researcher in Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex at similar companies.
Base pay range
$68,600.00/yr - $104,000.00/yr
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
User Experience Researcher
Here at Capital One, our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money. Critical to that goal is deeply understanding people--those we are fortunate to already serve, those we hope to serve, and those associates who create value for those customers each and every day. Here in the Financial Services division, we have a committed team of Experience Design Researchers, and we are looking to grow!
As an Experience Design Researcher, you will design, lead and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research. You will create research plans, conduct research studies, analyze/synthesize or lead analysis/synthesis of results at every stage of the product life cycle and make recommendations to teams as together, you build solutions that change banking for good. In addition, as a Manager + level researcher, you will partner with the Head of Research and other Design leaders to increase the overall quality of research, improve the access to insights, and help us build a world class research organization.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders' interests, priorities, and expectations while working on individual research projects
- Teach and mentor more junior researchers, designers, and product managers in various research activities
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing and as necessary employ strategies to address stakeholder push back
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings
- Apply problem-solving skills to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development road map
You Bring Your Talents To
- Strategize and position portfolio-level research plans within product road maps, business rationale, and partner priorities in order to translate business problems into human-centered problems
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand our customers and their relationship to our products
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic institutions, and industry reports to inform and improve our approach
- Create energy and investment in research by sharing early and often with design, product, tech, and business partners
- Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Teach and mentor designers on a variety of research activities, including empathy interviews, concept and usability testing, co-creation, diary studies, in-home interviews
- Help organize a library of user research templates and patterns for use by the group and others and contribute to the team’s effort to build a research insights library
- At least 5 years of UX experience in full lifecycle research and inspection methods, from ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing.
- At least 5 years of experience with Human Computer Interaction
- At least 5 years of experience with design thinking and agile methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience leading large bodies of work, research strategy, and teams
- At least 5 years of experience and competence in conducting quantitative research and delivering actionable insights to leadership
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Behavioral Science, or Psychology
- At least 5 years of experience with conducting and analyzing research for cross channel experiences
- At least 5 years of experience working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Job Category - Design, Product Innovators