We are seeking a User Experience Researcher to join Delta’s Digital eCommerce team. The role will oversee research initiatives that support digital product strategy. This person will be responsible for designing, executing and presenting user research insights and recommendations to the Digital Channels product organization, internal, and external stakeholders. Product scope will cover a wide range of research methodologies; including, but not limited to in-lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations and ethnographic studies. It is important that the candidate has a professional, confident, and polished demeanor; is outgoing, articulate and passionate about user research; and able to work well with large product teams. The person in this role will lead Director level meetings and should be able to present research findings and recommendations in a clear manner.
- Collaborate with product owners and design agency to define and prioritize user experience research objectives.
- Design, conduct, analyze, and present different types of user research studies, including but not limited to lab-based and remote usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, navigation testing, eye tracking, benchmark analyses, A/B testing, and online customer panels.
- Run multiple concurrent user research related projects, managing competing priorities
- Ensure effective communication of quantitative and qualitative research findings, including synthesizing them into concise actionable recommendations and telling the user’s story.
- Track and communicate insights and metrics to project teams and senior leadership.
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors and other external business contacts
- Train and mentor new members of the team, including those with no prior user research experience
- Act as a subject matter expert for usability perspective within the team, evaluating new and existing experiences and applying known principles across these experiences
- Follow how the industry is transforming, staying up to date on UX research best practices. Always looking for ways to improve the research and the deliverables.
- Be the voice of our users providing recommendations to ensure we are creating data-driven user-centered digital experiences.
- Practical knowledge of UX research methods and practices, including an understanding and appreciation for both qualitative and quantitative methods, including statistical analysis
- 2+ years of experience planning, conducting, analyzing, and presenting the results of UX research with various qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- A self-starter, organized, with ability to work in a faced paced environment managing multiple projects concurrently with tight timelines with attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Masters or PhD in human-computer interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Usability Engineering, Information Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (e.x. iRise, Axure, Invision) preferred
- Experience with UserZoom, Tobii eye trackers preferred